Mileage at Delivery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 21 had 77 miles and I demanded a warranty. After a lot of bi…Ching, I received 5 yr 75 miles. Better than nothing

DAVfoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Worked at Porsche Manhattan years ago in Marketing and I would check new cars coming in for PDI and a lot of them had anywhere from 20-120 miles. 150 I think is the threshold for new car mileage, or it was then. (info might be off a little). If you guys are complaining, guess what Porsche owners would be saying if they saw let's say a 911R with 85 miles on it... I was with Porsche when the GT3RS 4.0 was on the showroom, and I remember seeing that car with 49 miles on it. Those are worth 3/4 a million now nearly.

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Worked at Porsche Manhattan years ago in Marketing and I would check new cars coming in for PDI and a lot of them had anywhere from 20-120 miles. 150 I think is the threshold for new car mileage, or it was then. (info might be off a little). If you guys are complaining, guess what Porsche owners would be saying if they saw let's say a 911R with 85 miles on it... I was with Porsche when the GT3RS 4.0 was on the showroom, and I remember seeing that car with 49 miles on it. Those are worth 3/4 a million now nearly.
Ordered a new Audi before, coming from Germany they always seem to have some shipment mileage vs domestic. Dealers also seem to do PDIs thoroughly and put some test miles on it.

At least the 911s get wrapped for shipping. Ford throws the Raptors in some sketchy lots for months and if they don’t get stolen they get dropped off at the dealer dirty, with marker repair notes, and missing parts lol

DAVfoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered a new Audi before, coming from Germany they always seem to have some shipment mileage vs domestic. Dealers also seem to do PDIs thoroughly and put some test miles on it.

At least the 911s get wrapped for shipping. Ford throws the Raptors in some sketchy lots for months and if they don’t get stolen they get dropped off at the dealer dirty, with marker repair notes, and missing parts lol
lol true.

Porsche will be wrapped and even the wheels have covers. Springs will have spacers installed to keep them from sagging during pre delivery, that's why if you see a pre pdi'd 911 it will look like it is lifted. Max speed of 20mph, pretty cool seeing that process from them. Dealer I worked at is another story for another day..

Dav1000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lmao - for a bunch of guys buying a truck meant to be abused off-road, you worry about some of the most meaningless things.
Look at it this way. Once you get your new truck and your driving it around and some kid stranger comes up to you and asked if they can borrow your truck for a few minutes to go ream it out and see what it will do, then they’ll bring it right back, what would be your answer? Thats pretty much what’s happening when these dealer kids go to fuel the truck or drive it to get washed or whatever. Not to mention test drives. It’s not theirs so they don’t care. That’s why I like seeing the lowest miles possible. Means fewer people have had their go at it.

Raptor2022

Reaction score
Mine had 7 miles on it. AFTER they went to the gas station! But I managed to take a pic when it was already over 12 lol.

Attachments

• raptor_first_photo.jpg
    raptor_first_photo.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 14