Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Mil-Spec F150

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by KAH24, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Docked Wages

Docked Wages Member

Picture of wife?

metalwhiz likes this.
  2. Gotti006

Gotti006 Member

To each his own but the 2018 Rocky Ridge Alpine edition w/18K miles on it for 52K was right in my wheel house.

3. WillieFlo

WillieFlo Full Access Member

Well crap, if the damn thing is engineered like that, then I'm glad I have you guys advising. When I get to the point of wanting a new truck, I may just revamp my current one with a new tranny or rebuild, the 5.2L SC V8, and upgraded axles & suspension, and some ADD bumpers/rack. I also like the look of those Black Rhino wheels with 37's too.

4. Ray Knight

Ray Knight Full Access Member

It looks very aftermarket. Not especially pretty. Id rather pay less for a Raptor or pay the same for Roush Super Duty powerstroke (which i did).

20200820_122824.jpg

5. Badgertits

Badgertits FRF Addict

Jesus h Christ these prices are getting ridiculous for both “custom” trucks & the high end factory stuff as well obvi - nice that something like the TRX will have a warranty, but it’s also a new design. I see “custom” F150 like this w/ 500bhp on N/a V8 (whoopty doo) & essentially these roush/Shelby/Milspec etc trucks have worthless “warranties”

People are aware of what you can do w/ an old rolling bronco/Kblazer/f series etc chassis/body + $50-$100k in the back & drop off at a true restomod/custom build shop right?

here’s a hint- you’d wind up w/ something helluva lot nicer/badass/more powerful & truly “custom”

i guess there’s a niche market for every consumer type

ItsAMe likes this.
  6. ItsAMe

ItsAMe Full Access Member

This is why I actually struggle with wanting to do aftermarket upgrades on my Raptor. It's an expensive truck at stock but it alos does so much at stock that I kind of just like it as it is. I feel like I need to get some heavy mileage on it for the next few years then drop some money into it as needed. Still like seeing other peoples builds though.

7. Smokyray

Smokyray Full Access Member

Fully Agree.
    Would not change a thing.
    I see mine alongside my long time Tacoma in the garage and think "dang, I couldn't have picked a better perfect vehicle"!
    BTW, one of these passed me in Houston last week...

http://hennesseyperformance.com/veh...=adwords&hsa_tgt=&hsa_ad=333505197291&hsa_kw=

Thanks but..
    No thanks...

V/R
    Smokey

KAH24, ItsAMe and isis like this.
  8. Jakenbake

Jakenbake Full Access Member

I will say this, most people going for a bigger build such as mid/long travel front and bypass rack or links in the rear would be better off starting with a regular F150 from a $$$ standpoint.

However this is my first off road truck and had I started with an regular F150 I more than likely would not have gotten into off-roading. So here I go, getting ready to start the bigger pieces of my build early next year...........

ItsAMe likes this.
  9. Mister Pinky

Mister Pinky Full Access Member

Yeah, but at least Roush’s performance parts have a modicum of engineering behind them, unlike the majority of the other crap you see.

Docked Wages likes this.