MIFFED! ...pesky neighbors!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jumped in the Raptor this morning for a town trip and 100 feet onto the main gravel road I hit the goo. I was another 50 foot into the goo before I realized WTF! My neighbor had "dust abatement" applied to the county road for about 100 yards and this crap is still fresh, only hours old. It is liquefied pine tar and now it is all over my Raptor. Fifteen minutes to town and strait to the buggy pressure wash. The wash got about 80% of it off before it set up but the rest is going to be clay bar. My wheel wells and fox shocks are a mess. Have had this "neighbor" for 40 years and he has been a pain in the A$$ every since. His wife is, on the other hand a wonderful woman. Always polite and smiling. But the pain in the A$$ is constantly causing one problem after another.

Anyone know of and "easy solution" getting this crap off?

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Personally I would try the least aggressive option first and slowly work your way up.

I would say something like bug and tar remover would work, but I would try a strip wash from someone like adams first.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score

Bring a scrub brush, bucket, soap and water and your truck to his driveway for him to clean off. Offer him the choice of cleaning the debris he littered the street with off your truck or the alternative.

He would certainly prefer the former.

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear. I didn't even realize dust abatement was a thing. He sounds like a peach to be around.

I second starting with least abrasive and working your way up.

Jeff Glover

Reaction score
Jumped in the Raptor this morning for a town trip and 100 feet onto the main gravel road I hit the goo. I was another 50 foot into the goo before I realized WTF! My neighbor had "dust abatement" applied to the county road for about 100 yards and this crap is still fresh, only hours old. It is liquefied pine tar and now it is all over my Raptor. Fifteen minutes to town and strait to the buggy pressure wash. The wash got about 80% of it off before it set up but the rest is going to be clay bar. My wheel wells and fox shocks are a mess. Have had this "neighbor" for 40 years and he has been a pain in the A$$ every since. His wife is, on the other hand a wonderful woman. Always polite and smiling. But the pain in the A$$ is constantly causing one problem after another.

Use gasoline it has worked well for me. Just rinse off as soon as it removes the tar

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
WD40 is Awsome with a soft cloth to wipe off. I use it all the to time to remove tar. Safe on the clear coat. Let it soak in a few seconds. I learned this trick from people with Expensive Show cars and my sister with her New Stingray
Another trick for WD40. If you have methods, specifically matte black ones and they look a little chalky, lightly wipe some WD40 on them, and they will look sharp. Does not appear to have harmed the finish in anyway and doesn’t attract dirt too bad if you wipe the excess off.