Middle Perch Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rustyj41

Reaction score
Just picked up a Gen1 Raptor last week. Been lurking on the fourm for a bit and tried to find this answer but can't seem to find exactly what I'm looking for.

Does anyone have these measurements. Bottom of blue perch to the bottom of the silver shock body?

Stock setting:
Middle Perch:
Top Perch:

Trying to figure out if it's already set to the middle perch. I can feel a cut out on the body which leads me to believe it's at the middle perch, but my fender height is only 40". 25% tread on the tires remaining.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just look at the bottom of the shock. If you can see one recessed groove (and it's sitting on the second one you can't really see) you are on mid-perch. If that doesn't make sense, post a picture of your bottom spring perch, and we can tell you.

OP
OP
R

Rustyj41

Reaction score
Ok definitely looks like I'm at the stock setting. Thanks guys.

Been slammed lately. Who would have thought changing the plugs on a 6.2 would be an all day affair. Found a mix of autolite/motorcraft/NGK installed.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok definitely looks like I'm at the stock setting. Thanks guys.

Been slammed lately. Who would have thought changing the plugs on a 6.2 would be an all day affair. Found a mix of autolite/motorcraft/NGK installed.

Try it with a blower covering the top..lol

BTW... Soak the set screws in the blue spring collar for a few days before trying to back them out. Lots of people have had issues with the steel set screw having corrosion in the aluminum collar, and end up stripping the Hex head.

rap2.jpg

OP
OP
R

Rustyj41

Reaction score
Damn ok I’ll keep that in mind. I’m probably going to do an exchange and get a fresh set.

I have the Roush blower. Yup had to disassemble the throttle body and spacer to get the two on the drivers side.