Mid-Travel 3.5TT

Discussion in 'New Member Check-In' started by Pinero61, Sep 2, 2014.

1. RLTW

RLTW FRF Addict

First of all, don't try to correct another persons use of a word without looking at the definition

Merriam Websters: Motor - any of various power units that develop energy or impart motion

Secondly, you bumped the thread, I see it and read it, you come off as a buffoon.

Third, you're irritating.

2. Pinero61

Pinero61 Member

In engineering terms, the two are very different. I come from a technical/engineering background, and it tends to be one of my pet peeves. Apologies, if I offended you.

I also apologize if you've confused an attempt at humor as outright bashing of your engine. It was outlined further up in the thread that it was an attempt at humor. Regardless, it's being discontinued along with the rest of the world's pushrod dinosaurs, so it doesn't really matter.

3. RLTW

RLTW FRF Addict

Fair enough, so do over, but you're in a place with a number of people that wont even consider a gen 2 because they love an American V8 boasting 6.2L of displacement. I wouldn't have purchase my truck with v6, now if it was a tt v8 then sure, because I too love turbos. Additionally many of us bash on our trucks, have rocks, branches, etc, abusing the body work, an aluminum body with cost of repair, doesn't entice. I get where you're coming from with engineer terminology and the idea of an electrical motor and combustion engine, but we aren't all engineers and dont communicate as engineers. Hell, in the beginning they were referred to as motorcars.

4. The Macf

The Macf FRF Addict

maturity - lol

KaiserM715, RLTW and Pinero61 like this.
  5. Pinero61

Pinero61 Member

Lol, fair enough

I prefer v8's as well, particularly the new gen 5.0 in my 2015 GT.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436365622.574666.jpg

However, I'm also a huge fan of inline 6 engines. Unfortunately, the Eco is a v configuration, and frankly sounds like crap. With the exception of sound, this engine is amazing. The power this produces for its size sold me after the first test drive. I was really hoping the new voodoo would be a forced induction variant of the 5.0, but I'll gladly take another Eco.

RLTW likes this.
  6. Pinero61

Pinero61 Member

A few bolt ons and some dyno tuning has really woken mine up.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436366147.423082.jpg

I believe it will be the same case with the new gen Eco. Reportedly, it will have the same dual fueling setup and turbos as the GT, so if this is true, just a tune should bring it out to same power level. There's several of the current gens pushing around 600 hp, so it shouldn't be a problem.

I'll be studding mine, and upgrading the turbo charges in a few weeks. I should hit around 450 at the wheels.

7. Idleone

Idleone Full Access Member

Cool story bro

8. 2014RubyRed

2014RubyRed FRF Addict

So, how's the FRF experience so far? lol

I personally think that your build is pretty cool. I like that someone is doing some real world testing of the new TTV6 that will inevitably be in the Gen 2 Raptors. I have to commend your installation of fiberglass fenders WITHOUT the Raptor vents. Another clone is boring, but your truck looks to be something a little different and pretty capable to go off road.

At least someone like you will be able to understand what the new V6 will be capable of handling and be able to overcome the shortfalls. Keep up the testing. I for one will be following your thread to see what the new Gen 2 will need to keep up with the proven and tested Gen 1's.

Thick skin and the ability to handle the bullshit is a requirement on this forum regardless if you own a Raptor or not.....

KaiserM715 likes this.
  9. Madcowranch

Madcowranch Genetically Modified

What motor you got in that thing?

10. RLTW

RLTW FRF Addict

I had to prove my point, there isn't much of it around here.

The Macf and Madcowranch like this.