Mid perch why?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mad Max

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If true, a lifted FX-4 must be a Raptor with a body kit!

as long as the Raptor being compared is rolling on 20's :tizzle:

although a FX4 eco is still faster thru those treacherous street puddles on those dubs :signs8:

TamerSaad

Reaction score
Mid Perch can be done at ford workshop

Raptorians,

my appointment for first service is tomorrow, can i ask ford to change the setting of front forks to mid perch??? would they do it???

Thanks

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
Why set to mid perch? I have read ans researched this but I didn't see anything on why you would do this. What are the pros and cons?

Well here is my thread from a few weeks back. I went back to OEM settings.

In short, it depends on how you drive, where you drive and how well you drive or how you like the feel of your ride. How your ride looks. LOL!

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f9/reverse-perch-am-i-first-34746/#post696874

I personally love a truck that can drive and corner on the street as well or better than most cars out there and THEN take off across that field or dirt road or mountain pass with ease and gives the passengers the ride comfort of a Lincoln Town Car of yester year. HAhaaa.

BDRAG

P.S. I had an FX4 and loved it for the 98,000 miles I had it!

McDowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Technically you can not void per say your warranty look up the magnuson-moss warranty act.... Learned a long time ago they can't just void your warranty for modifying your own damn truck unless it was that specific part that failed and or caused the failure. I hate hearing people say your warranty will be voided it's a bunch of bs told to you by the dealers to save them money because they think you don't know any better. Had actual ford techs tell me this themselves.

If your that worried about it leave the truck on the street and wait for your warranty to be out, then have fun. Until then I'll be having fun with a warranty and all, with the other fun goers.

Sent from your girlfriends closet

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think people fail to qualify the statement "void warranty". It will void the warranty for the affected part and perhaps for failures that can be attributed to that part or modification. The warranty for the rest of the vehicle remains.

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Technically you can not void per say your warranty look up the magnuson-moss warranty act.... Learned a long time ago they can't just void your warranty for modifying your own damn truck unless it was that specific part that failed and or caused the failure. I hate hearing people say your warranty will be voided it's a bunch of bs told to you by the dealers to save them money because they think you don't know any better. Had actual ford techs tell me this themselves.

If your that worried about it leave the truck on the street and wait for your warranty to be out, then have fun. Until then I'll be having fun with a warranty and all, with the other fun goers.

That all sounds really good.......BUT.........you still must secure an attorney to represent you in any suit. NOw.......who pays for that? It is a pipe dream to fight these kind of issues as it will cost much more then the repair in almost all cases. Just because there is an act does not mean you do not have to expend money to be represented.

McDowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That all sounds really good.......BUT.........you still must secure an attorney to represent you in any suit. NOw.......who pays for that? It is a pipe dream to fight these kind of issues as it will cost much more then the repair in almost all cases. Just because there is an act does not mean you do not have to expend money to be represented.

Some dealerships know about this they just don't let you know they do because it doesn't benefit them. If you're educated enough to let them know you aren't some punk off the street, then more than likely won't have to fight them because they won't want the bs along with it either.

But it's all in the dealership wanting to be ********* or not.

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Making adjustments to the perch setting does void your warranty. Of course it does not void the warranty on things it does not effect like the radio. If the dealer can at least in their mind say, "that adjustment created the damage". Then your going to need an attorney to get past that. But making the adjustment will void the warranty on front axles and cv joints, steering components and steering rack etc... So you have to make this change with the knowledge you may have to pay for some repairs yourself. Ford is actively pursuing recording the information in the system and will use it later against you to not cover a part that would otherwise be covered. Its up to you to know what your doing when modifying your truck. The Magnusson-Moss act was clarity in the warranty brought on by the aftermarket retailers. Dealers took the position any modification to a vehicle voided the entire warranty on the vehicle. So if you put an aftermarket radio in your vehicle the dealer voided the drive train warranty. Of course this makes no sense and the law suits began.

Spencer Jones

Reaction score
I don't know about others, but I've been hesitant since that's not how the car was designed, and Ford basically says don't do it. In the absence of other hard data, I'll take the SVT team's design choices seriously. Some people say it rides nicer. Others say it doesn't. From the factory I think the Raptor runs great. My desire to run 37s was more cosmetic. This truck would look better IMO with beefier tires. But I'm not willing to risk damage or ride quality. Maybe when it's time to replace the shocks, that might be a good time for me to revisit this.

I really, really, really like how my Raptor drives and handles now.

Well let us know what you do when you visit 37s again because I’ve been wanted them for a while too but don’t want to give up the ride quality. I’ve gone through everything I can and it seems like the only way to keep the ride quality and get the 37s is to spend $30,000. I’m gonna keep looking but my spirit is slowly fading.

crashmc302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well let us know what you do when you visit 37s again because I’ve been wanted them for a while too but don’t want to give up the ride quality. I’ve gone through everything I can and it seems like the only way to keep the ride quality and get the 37s is to spend $30,000. I’m gonna keep looking but my spirit is slowly fading.
I ran 37s with mid perch and didn't regret it. I wheeled it like that in NM and this was before 0 offset wheels and fiberglass fenders. It worked fine, only rubbed either when I backed up out of the driveway to one side or either side on compression while off road. I had gone mid perch at about 25k miles and it never once gave me issues. The big thing is safety during a crash and where your headlights sit. A major manufacturer won't come out and tell you to put their bumper higher then get wrapped into a lawsuit over it. It's the middle of where that shock was designed, so it performed beautifully. Had it airborne at 70 mph and the ride was amazing. Super cab though, so it leveled the truck perfectly.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk