Mid Perch Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OrangeAddict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm clueless, in the picture provided, does that raptor have one or two rings?

Yes that is the pic I took of my shocks after placing them at Mid Perch. The ring (groove) is located just below the Blue spring retainer. Since I have a 2013. I only have Stock or Mid perch available to me.

lixalottapus

Reaction score
Here is my description of the mid Perch on a 50,000 mile truck. PAIN IN THE ******!!

Once I finally got my spring compressors in the exact right position(1 day). I was able to move on to the spring cup. The set screws were obviously galled so I very carefully had to drill both of them. Then its just move the cup up right? This took me the majority of the time in my 3 days of this project. I managed to see some movement after a couple hours on the first one but the second cup took me over 6 hours and had all but given up after using heat, leverage, Giant taped channel locks, rubber mallet...etc. Eventually I noticed a 1/16th inch move so poured on more WD-40. The damb fox sticker was the only hurdle after that. Hammer time up, then down then trim the sticker....repeat over and over and over and over...…

Results, I gained 1.5" lift on front which is definitely noticeable and the drive is heavenly. Apparently FOX shocks sweet spot are at mid perch which explains why everyone says to do it. I float over bumps now. The change is legendary! Every day I drive it I am more pleased. It is like a different truck. WORTH IT!!!