Mid perch cv boot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yaqoob Said

Reaction score
Guys im looking for the outer boot for the axle I managed to get inner boot online.

Any one have an idea where I can get the outer boot I don't want to change the hole axle.

Thank u

Bakasan

Reaction score
I replace my OEM CVS with O'Reily Sept 2020, in January Ford told me the Boot were Torn, I had Ford replace both CV's with the understanding it comes with a 12 Month Warranty, in May i come in for oil and tire rotation, and the CV Boots Torn again, they replaced them, this week , back in shop for Oil in Coolant Res, $2500, plus now the CV Boots AGain! good Ford Warranty So far!

bubblehead93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been disappointed with rebuilt cv joints... I took them apart and they were the plunging tripod type on the inboard side vice the plunging ball type, testing them side by side, got more articulation out of the ball type... At least on my truck, owned since new, my inboards we're both plunging ball type... As a by the way, I run Geiser springs on the low perch, puts truck at same height as my factory springs at mid perch....

Jeff550

Reaction score
Sounds like old stock axles. Dried up rubber. You should'nt have any cv boot issue on Mid perch what so ever.

Also if your IWE are functioning. the cvs barely spin when driving in 2wd anyways. Even with IWE eliminators, this still isnt a common issue you should be having.