Mid perch cv boot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2011joe

Reaction score
Have any of you guys had problems with cv boots tearing? I bought my truck 1 year ago with 17k miles. It is a 2011 on mid perch with gieser spring upgrade and 37s. The inner boot on driver side has tore twice since I have had the truck. Replaced it the first time with a new Ford axle. Is it to step of angle on mid perch?

Also noticed on passenger side that the steering stop has been hitting the lca. What do I look for to fix that. Thank you

CarmanKyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Likely has to be because the Gieser Bros springs add lift, and you're on mid perch and the angle created. Are you in 4wd often?

I see it as this, 4wd is to be used if you're stuck, otherwise I never have it on. I can rip around the dunes all day in 2wd and not use 4wd.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have any of you guys had problems with cv boots tearing? I bought my truck 1 year ago with 17k miles. It is a 2011 on mid perch with gieser spring upgrade and 37s. The inner boot on driver side has tore twice since I have had the truck. Replaced it the first time with a new Ford axle. Is it to step of angle on mid perch?

Also noticed on passenger side that the steering stop has been hitting the lca. What do I look for to fix that. Thank you
The torn CV boot is most likely due to your front suspending setup. Try moving down to bottom perch. Although, you may get some rubbing with the 37's.

As for the passenger steering stop, that serves a very good purpose to keep the steering rack within design limits so it won't tare apart. Best way to keep the steering stop on the LCA from rubbing is to not lock your steering.

Do you do a lot of doughnuts? That might be causing your troubles.

Also, be mindful that the rear axle in the '11 has a weak point and some have broken them doing doughnuts.
@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:
Drive your raptor here!!!!
www.runraptorrun.com
( * Y * )

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
get rid of the springs go to factory springs or what ever is out there to replace them with with no additional lift. i believe thats your problem to star with.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've got a '14 and at nearly top perch height. Haven't had any boots issues. I know there are some fixes for the issue. Hit search and look around a little. I wouldn't change a thing if I was you, but instead find a solution. These trucks with the Geiser springs are great, from what I have heard. I do have the same constant with the steering stops - it's normal.

Good luck with your issue!!!

D

Deleted member 12951

Wait a sec, Doesn't it hit the steering stop on the driver side too?

OP
OP

2011joe

Reaction score
Steering stop on drivers side looks like it has never touched. I can honestly say I have never done a doughnut in this truck. As for 4wd it hasn't spend more then 20 miles at the most in 4wd I was afraid it was the angle but didn't want to admit it. I guess for now I'm good as my dealer has replaced the axle both times under warranty. Thanks for your help

Dan06

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Steering stop on drivers side looks like it has never touched. I can honestly say I have never done a doughnut in this truck. As for 4wd it hasn't spend more then 20 miles at the most in 4wd I was afraid it was the angle but didn't want to admit it. I guess for now I'm good as my dealer has replaced the axle both times under warranty. Thanks for your help

Make sure you don't have a bad IWE, the axle could have be rotating more than just those 20 miles.