Mid perch and clunk

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BGA23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had my shocks adjusted to mid perch a few months ago and around the same time I noticed they now clunk every time a go over just about every bump, especially at lower speeds. I even feel it through the floorboard. I know the shocks do make noises but this would seem a bit excessive to me. Does this sound normal or should I get them checked out? Everything was retorqued, so I don't think anything is loose as a result of mid perch adjustment.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's part of mid perch. My truck was undriveable at mid perch. It would bounce through turns with small bumps.

scarrjack

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am at mid perch and love it, never had any issues. Check your shock mount bolts and make sure all the torque values are correct.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mid perch, love it, would never go back to lower setting.
Never had an issue, in fact, it stopped the front from bouncing out around corners and really help with nose dive when braking.
I have the Deavers +2 so I still have a rake, I like that look myself.

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had my shocks adjusted to mid perch a few months ago and around the same time I noticed they now clunk every time a go over just about every bump, especially at lower speeds. I even feel it through the floorboard. I know the shocks do make noises but this would seem a bit excessive to me. Does this sound normal or should I get them checked out? Everything was retorqued, so I don't think anything is loose as a result of mid perch adjustment.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f9/reverse-perch-am-i-first-34746/index7.html