Mid 2018 new metal oil pan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't shoot the messenger, hope someone runs with this and gets it to work

Shop installed the 2018 metal pan only to realize the 2017 oil pickup tube is a tad too long and hits the new pan

Looked up various upstream part numbers, and they are all different

Truck is a couple days away from making a long road trip, so I couldn't risk being stuck on the side of the road

It's doable, but someone needs to mod the pickup tube or see what other parts need to change to make this happen

carguyohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is good news. I watched a youtube video as I was curious how much needed to happen with the skid plate to change the oil. When I saw that plastic plug I was not excited.

vladi

Reaction score
Did you give up one the install then I take it? Or did you manage to figure out what was needed to swap to the metal oil pan?

Don't shoot the messenger, hope someone runs with this and gets it to work

Shop installed the 2018 metal pan only to realize the 2017 oil pickup tube is a tad too long and hits the new pan

Looked up various upstream part numbers, and they are all different

Truck is a couple days away from making a long road trip, so I couldn't risk being stuck on the side of the road

It's doable, but someone needs to mod the pickup tube or see what other parts need to change to make this happen

OP
OP
B

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you give up one the install then I take it? Or did you manage to figure out what was needed to swap to the metal oil pan?

I’m letting someone else run with the ball, I can’t risk F my engine on this road trip

kboom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Checking if I have metal or plastic oil pan

Mine is a 4/2018 build.
Vin: 1FTFW1RG4JFC88327

Where could I check what kind of an oil pan it has an other items on the build sheet?

Thanks in advance!

Kino

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine is a 4/2018 build.
Vin: 1FTFW1RG4JFC88327

Where could I check what kind of an oil pan it has an other items on the build sheet?

Thanks in advance!

Kino

Do you have the truck? If so, crawl under there and see if yours is metal or plastic. Mine was built at the end of February and it has the metal oil pan.