mickey thompson boss M/T versus toyo open country MT???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M3sparky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys, i need to change my tires again, and i have been running the toyo open country tires for years on diff trucks and i always liked how they looked as well as performed on and off road. but i have been keeping an eye on mickey thompson tires , since i use them for my drag radials on my race car, and have came across the these Mickey Thompson 58759 - Mickey Thompson Baja Boss M/T Tires. has anyone used both of these tires on the raptor before? how do they fare between the two on road, off road, as well as snow driving? i have been riding on 35x12.5x17 but i am thinking to maybe try the mickeys in the 37x12.5x17 size if i choose to go with them , to give me a taller ride and more tire on the off road driving whenever i have the chance for that. was hoping i can get some opinions from my fellow raptor owners on which tire is better to run . thank you

OP
OP
M3sparky

M3sparky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i guess no one has ran both tires here huh to give their input.. well i will get em anyway.

MEIRONMAN207

¿Goin somewhere...What are RU waiting 4?
Reaction score
I have used both and settled on the BFG KM3s MT , and overall for what they are, the best…lower noise, rides better and traction is the only area that they all felt to be comparable.

My disclaimer; I know I have the Gen 1, and maybe the slight heavier truck “felt” rides better or differently?

Last edited:

MEIRONMAN207

¿Goin somewhere...What are RU waiting 4?
Reaction score
Not what you asked , but to give you personal perspective and real life use…on my ‘99 F350 I went with the Toyo OC AT IIIs. It’s a new tire, but I am really liking how they are running, at least on a heavier truck. Btw, they are the 295/60/20 on the SD F350 diesel.

OP
OP
M3sparky

M3sparky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks, ive ran bfg km3 in the past on other trucks and after going with the toyo mts i never looked back, but now with the current market of tires not being available as many other things im sure, i started looking at other options. i ended up buying the Mickey Thompson Baja Boss M/T Tires in 35x12.5x17 today and since it was my brothers bday today and his tires were balder than joes head i bought them for him as a gift and they look awesome! they dont have the 37s and would be a back order, so im not sure what to do. i have 35s currently but wanted to try and run 37s this time due to the mickeys being a lighter weight tire and wanting to have a bigger meatier tire as well.

ShawnJ

Reaction score
thanks, ive ran bfg km3 in the past on other trucks and after going with the toyo mts i never looked back, but now with the current market of tires not being available as many other things im sure, i started looking at other options. i ended up buying the Mickey Thompson Baja Boss M/T Tires in 35x12.5x17 today and since it was my brothers bday today and his tires were balder than joes head i bought them for him as a gift and they look awesome! they dont have the 37s and would be a back order, so im not sure what to do. i have 35s currently but wanted to try and run 37s this time due to the mickeys being a lighter weight tire and wanting to have a bigger meatier tire as well.
What are the mickeys weighing in at? I got back and forth on 35 to 37s… just got my front coils installed and theres room for sure

OP
OP
M3sparky

M3sparky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are the mickeys weighing in at? I got back and forth on 35 to 37s… just got my front coils installed and theres room for sure

the 35s are 69 pounds and the 37x12.5x17 are 79 pounds. the toyos mt that i have that are 35s weight 78 pounds so there is only a pound difference with a much bigger tire, so im def liking the weight on the mickeys.