Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

QCRappy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Falkens can require some finesse when balancing but they're no worse than Mickey's in my experience. I'd definitely road force balance them though. Between Mickey and Falken I'd go Falken. They're the same weight and the Falkens wear really well. Not to mention Falken has 19.7/32's of tread depth and Mickeys are less than 15/32's
All MT's are now no less than 18.5/32, the mud terrain is 22.

Proflyer

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just put the 35x13.5r20's on my 2018. Have about 3k on them now and so far I'm really happy with them. They're quieter than the BFGs, and look a bit beefier. The triple peak rating is cool, and a buddy who has a set said they're a LOT better in the snow than the BFGs. No snow yet in CO, but we'll have some soon enough. I was happy with the BFGs, but wanted to try these as they are a newer design. Tire shop/buddy said the BFGs have gotten crappy in the last few years and BFG hasn't really updated anything in a long time--just going on their name. Cost was about the same, maybe a bit less. They took forever to get in, but I guess stock is finally back up so getting them shouldn't be an issue. I'll chime in as I get more use out of them. ALso I'm running them at the factory PSI spec, and they're a better ride than the BFGs were. I had to air those down to 32/34 to get a decent ride. I'm running these at 40 as I had some highway trips and they ride great. MPGs are the same with both for me.

OP
OP
SilverBolt

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
A little follow up. Tires are mounted and so far so good. Just road miles so far. They took very little weight to balance. Very quiet compared to the KO2's with 30k miles. We are supposed to get some rain this weekend so I will see how they do in the wet. Thumbs up so far.