Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NateMob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Falkens can require some finesse when balancing but they're no worse than Mickey's in my experience. I'd definitely road force balance them though. Between Mickey and Falken I'd go Falken. They're the same weight and the Falkens wear really well. Not to mention Falken has 19.7/32's of tread depth and Mickeys are less than 15/32's

Is MT lying about the Baja Boss AT having 18.5/32” tread depth on both the 315/70/17 and 35/12.50/17?

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
My records show 14.7 on the 315’s but we haven’t sold tires for a year or so. They could’ve changed.

DAVfoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had Baja Boss in 37s. Really enjoyed them. They weren't available when I had to switch back down to 17s.

Out of stock or they didn't have them? I have them in a 37/12.5r17 now.

As far as the tires, they are a little stiffer than the BFG KO2 C range so they will ride slightly harsher but ride smooth for me and they are better in the rain so far, granted I bought my truck with the tires slightly used (BFGs) and those things spun like crazy in the rain. One reason could be more power with 35s than 37s.

I do like them so far, I haven't taken them off road but do plan to change that next weekend.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Out of stock or they didn't have them? I have them in a 37/12.5r17 now.

As far as the tires, they are a little stiffer than the BFG KO2 C range so they will ride slightly harsher but ride smooth for me and they are better in the rain so far, granted I bought my truck with the tires slightly used (BFGs) and those things spun like crazy in the rain. One reason could be more power with 35s than 37s.

I do like them so far, I haven't taken them off road but do plan to change that next weekend.

They were out of stock within the tight window I had. Switched from 20s to 17s. Ended up going with the Falken Wildpeaks.

NateMob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My records show 14.7 on the 315’s but we haven’t sold tires for a year or so. They could’ve changed.

Yikes, i was just going off their published specs on their site. I wont buy tires with such shallow new depth (KO2s) so this wll be something I'll have to keep any eye on as my time for new tires gets closer.

Thank you!