Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AvalancheGrey2017

Reaction score
I keep seeing Toyo at3 as well as a good option in d load rather than e if that matters to you. Im probably headed in that direction. The ko2s following is strong. I have never had c load range, just e. No real complaints other than the road noise at this point. people claim the ko2s are hell to balance and then ultimately require rebalancing down the road to get rid of the hum.

ColoradoBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm more than happy with my General Grabber A/TX. Tread pattern is near the same as the KO2s, cheaper, and not as soft so they don't wear as fast.

Wilbur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After 25k miles my original BFGs are horrible and beginning to dry rot. Been looking at the MT Baja Boss and also the Falken Wildpeak AT3W. The Falkens are cheaper and seem to be really good, but I've read some reviews that they have a hard time balancing. I'm torn.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
After 25k miles my original BFGs are horrible and beginning to dry rot. Been looking at the MT Baja Boss and also the Falken Wildpeak AT3W. The Falkens are cheaper and seem to be really good, but I've read some reviews that they have a hard time balancing. I'm torn.
Falkens can require some finesse when balancing but they're no worse than Mickey's in my experience. I'd definitely road force balance them though. Between Mickey and Falken I'd go Falken. They're the same weight and the Falkens wear really well. Not to mention Falken has 19.7/32's of tread depth and Mickeys are less than 15/32's

AvalancheGrey2017

Reaction score
the only downside ive read on the falkens is the weight and being e load range - they are significantly heavier than factory. otherwise glowing reviews all around.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
the only downside ive read on the falkens is the weight and being e load range - they are significantly heavier than factory. otherwise glowing reviews all around.
Correct, heavy compared to factory but same weight as the Mickey's. If I was swapping load range C for load range C I'd probably be inclined to go with Toyo AT3's. Deeper tread, 6lbs lighter than BFG and they typically balance really well. Not sure how they wear but 50k tread warranty