Mickey Thompson Baja ATZP3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

F150Feste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to be fair, I have tried three different sets of tires in the last 2 weeks.

Here is my take on each:

35x12.50x17 BFG km2 D rated
They were good for the first 1000 miles, after that they went downhill in wear and traction and were fairly small measuring only 34" on rim without load.

35x12.50x17 Wildpeak AT3W E rated
Great tire for winter and bad weather but weighed 76 lbs without rim. Was a rough ride but great grip and all around looked good. Just too harsh a ride for a 1/2 ton pickup. Still don't understand why a flotation tire is rated E when LT tires are suited for that better. Liked that it had an R speed rating.

315/70/17 Mickey Thompson Baja ATZP3 D rated tire
Just an all around bad ass tire. Switching from both of the previous tires in less than two weeks gave me great appreciation for this hybrid mt/at tire. Just ran 103 mph on curvy toll road and it felt planted and firm. The lessor D rating is far better for our softer suspension and is comparable to the BFG K02 but more capable for muddy terrain. Just wish it had a higher speed rating.

Otis857

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to be fair, I have tried three different sets of tires in the last 2 weeks.

Here is my take on each:

35x12.50x17 BFG km2 D rated
They were good for the first 1000 miles, after that they went downhill in wear and traction and were fairly small measuring only 34" on rim without load.

35x12.50x17 Wildpeak AT3W E rated
Great tire for winter and bad weather but weighed 76 lbs without rim. Was a rough ride but great grip and all around looked good. Just too harsh a ride for a 1/2 ton pickup. Still don't understand why a flotation tire is rated E when LT tires are suited for that better. Liked that it had an R speed rating.

Just an all around bad ass tire. Switching from both of the previous tires in less than two weeks gave me great appreciation for this hybrid mt/at tire. Just ran 103 mph on curvy toll road and it felt planted and firm. The lessor D rating is far better for our softer suspension and is comparable to the BFG K02 but more capable for muddy terrain. Just wish it had a higher speed rating.

Good write up, Feste. Anyone know of deals on Mickey thompson tires now? Im looking at the Deegan 38 M/t but may look at the ATZ again too. About the same price from their website. I've seen them as low as $275/ea last year.

OP
OP
F150Feste

F150Feste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good write up, Feste. Anyone know of deals on Mickey thompson tires now? Im looking at the Deegan 38 M/t but may look at the ATZ again too. About the same price from their website. I've seen them as low as $275/ea last year.

I used tirebuyer.com seemed to be good deals for what I was looking for

Otis857

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used tirebuyer.com seemed to be good deals for what I was looking for

Well, I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the Mickey Thompson Deegan 38 mud terrains. I found a great price on EBAY through 4wheelparts. found the same price from a different Ebay store, but I recall others here saying 4wheelparts has been good to deal with. They had them for $242.97/ea with free shipping. It really sucks that you pay $123 in taxes on less than a $1k purchase. :flipthebird: the feds

My93Cobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an all around bad ass tire.

I agree...I've had them on for 6 or 7k, I like them a lot. I've had them in the snow a few times, with no issues. I suspect some would call them noisy, however, I find them quiet for this type of tire.