MFT v3.5 Letter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike Hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know why the dealer would want the old A3 card back? I just got a call and they said they wanted it. The answering machine got it, so I could not ask any questions yet, but I figure someone here may know, before I call the dealer.

Strange because if the update went correctly , I would not bring them the old A3 card. I would have kept it, thrown it out or keep in case the A4 card did not work. Do they get credit or paid from Ford for getting the old card?

Captain Awesome

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ordered my card last night at about 7:00pm and got it today at around 1:30pm they must of had one at one of the dealers in town and just shipped it from there.
i called ford yesterday and they said to go to the dealership to get the ford raptor splash screen.
So what just tell them you want the Raptor screen for the MFT. Is it a free update seeing as we should have it from factory.

Mike Hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered my card last night at about 7:00pm and got it today at around 1:30pm they must of had one at one of the dealers in town and just shipped it from there.
So what just tell them you want the Raptor screen for the MFT. Is it a free update seeing as we should have it from factory.

You could do the update yourself and save time. Log onto your account www.syncmyride.com go to updates and down load to a USB. Put it in your Raptor and it should pick up the USB and start updating. Put the A4 card in and take the A3 card out.

As for the Raptor screen, that seems to be at dealers only, as far as I know.

svtraptor13

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yeah i guess just go to the dealership and tell them you want the splash screen, and i think they wipe it or do a master reset and install it. Just from what it sounds like from what i heard as well. Kinda vague, but i am gonna call my dealer tomorrow and ask about it.

Captain Awesome

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You could do the update yourself and save time. Log onto your account www.syncmyride.com go to updates and down load to a USB. Put it in your Raptor and it should pick up the USB and start updating. Put the A4 card in and take the A3 card out.

As for the Raptor screen, that seems to be at dealers only, as far as I know.

yes i can do all that i was just wondering about the splash screen. i'll see about getting it done next week when i get home. until then hopeful some others can find out some more info.

Killjohnathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an appt with the dealership for Tuesday morning. Hopefully they will fix it. The service guy had no idea what I was talking about. I will probably have to walk him through it once I get there.

battousai

Reaction score
Did the update earlier this week and now a weird issue that has happened twice so far since then. It happened yesterday and then this morning before I went to work, the radio shows "Entertainment Off" and you can't press anything to turn on the radio.

Yesterday I just pulled over into a parking lot to turn off and back on the truck which worked. This morning I was like what the heck, I used the voice command and was able to tell it to turn the radio on the a Sirius station and it worked after that. In any case, I may need to schedule something with the dealership to get this fixed so that Raptor start-up splash screen will be a plus.

OP
OP
mouldman1

mouldman1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did the update earlier this week and now a weird issue that has happened twice so far since then. It happened yesterday and then this morning before I went to work, the radio shows "Entertainment Off" and you can't press anything to turn on the radio.

Yesterday I just pulled over into a parking lot to turn off and back on the truck which worked. This morning I was like what the heck, I used the voice command and was able to tell it to turn the radio on the a Sirius station and it worked after that. In any case, I may need to schedule something with the dealership to get this fixed so that Raptor start-up splash screen will be a plus.

that happened to me as well. I'm not going to bother taking in tho, the dealer wont know what to do and for that matter neither will Ford...its a glitch...they will eventually fix it.

Mike Hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even if you call the 800 # they are going to tell you to do a mater reset, which may not fix the problem.

Last edited: