GEN 2 **** Method Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Bought a set of Method NV wheels 2 years ago from a vendor. First winter, the perimeter bolts completely rusted out.

Called Method and complained, they stated it was a known issue, declined to send me stainless bolts, but stated they had a new Zinc coating that solved the problem. I was told I could get a free replacement from them or the vendor. I went through the vendor and got another set of bolts.

Another winter and another set of completely rusted out bolts. Ive had enough, check out Fastenal, Ebay, etc, cant find the right size stainless bolts. I see Method sells them on their site.

Go through checkout and shipping wont work right. I call Method up.

Method will not sell me a set, "they are unable to ship them to Maine". What? "Yeah, we don't really have a way to ship them there, try a vendor"

UPS? USPS? FEDEX? Hello?

Last set of Method wheels Ill buy for sure. ******* stupid.

jVaKpB0.png

Last edited:

Kahuna

THE MORE YOU PLAY WITH IT, THE BIGGER IT GETS
Reaction score
Totally agree regarding sub standard service and quality of bolts.

They did sell me a set of stainless bolts for $200 late last year though. Not sure why that has changed.

I also won't be buying Methods again.

OP
OP
xrocket21

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Totally agree regarding sub standard service and quality of bolts.

They did sell me a set of stainless bolts for $200 late last year though. Not sure why that has changed.

I also won't be buying Methods again.

Shit happens, I get it.

Free stainless would have been nice, but whatever.

Claiming they wont mail me a set if I pay them $150 because they "have no way of shipping them"? eat a ****

edit: I believe they will ship them to some locations, just not Maine? too far? IDK.

creed

Reaction score
Not the first bad story I’ve heard about Method Wheels.... ✅ Method Wheels off my list

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Shit happens, I get it.

Free stainless would have been nice, but whatever.

Claiming they wont mail me a set if I pay them $150 because they "have no way of shipping them"? eat a ****

edit: I believe they will ship them to some locations, just not Maine? too far? IDK.

Maybe the horse will get too tired???? I would have thought Method would stand behind their product. Those bolts look like you pulled them off of a sunken ship in the ocean.That really sucks.

Kashoggio

Lives in a van down by the river.
Reaction score
Well I would be upset if the bolts looked like that, sorry man

OP
OP
xrocket21

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Maybe the horse will get too tired???? I would have thought Method would stand behind their product. Those bolts look like you pulled them off of a sunken ship in the ocean.That really sucks.

And this is the second set of bolts, these have been on the truck maybe 8 months. (one winter)

OP
OP
xrocket21

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well I would be upset if the bolts looked like that, sorry man

Got an email from method this morning, "Hey! Theres still items in your cart! Complete it now to get them while they are still available!" I know it's an automated message, but still a twist of the knife since they wont send me them lol

WMRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking at Venom but was also thinking about Method wheels now they are off my list as well what a crock of shit. Bad customer service and a company that doesn't stand behind their product no thanks.