Method wheels paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GHOLDS7

Reaction score
Sup guys. Noticed the beauty rings on my method wheels are looking pretty rough. No curb rash, it just looks like the pain or powdercoat is peeling or something. Was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and what they did to correct this. They're not true beadlocks so i can't take the beauty ring off and get a new one. Not sure about how to go about re powdercoating or repainting them. Sucks cuz i love these wheels and truthfully i would have expected them to last a little longer than 4-5 years.

Attachments

• IMG_1722.jpg
    IMG_1722.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 40

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Honestly Method has one of the longer warranties in the wheel business. They're the only one that comes to mind with a 2 year. Everyone else is one year. If you have the ability to be without the wheels for the down time of powder coating, the bolts come out so powder is an option. If not you can remove the bolts, sand/scuff the lip, plug the holes (I've seen foam ear plugs used for this), put index cards in between the tire and rim lip, tape the face and hit em with some rustoleum or a spray of your choice. Not the ideal way but it'll be better than the peeling...

Index card method below.

1624641168710.png

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
And shameless plug, I know they're much different and you may not be too hot on Method but I'm blowing out a set if interested.

FNG in FL duhhh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put method nv’s on my first Gen one and noticed the inside of the lip would catch and allow water to sit in it. My front wheels started getting light surface rust. I let discount tire know and they contacted method. After a few back and forths and not getting anywhere I contacted method directly. They replaced two of the wheels for me for free and advised me to “not let brake dust sit on the wheels and that this along with rain water sitting on the inside of the lip can cause this surface rust”. They said they replace wheels all the time due to this issue. Although I was happy they replaced the two wheels (fronts) this didn’t make sense to me. I get the wheels were only $200 a piece but this happened in only 6-8 months of having the wheels on the truck. I’m not sure if my clear coat was done improperly or what but if it’s a known issue maybe figure out a new method or product to spray them with? Mine were the matte black ones. Also I washed the truck regularly and sprayed the new ones with wheel wax just to try to prolong this from happening on the wheels again. I had no issues with this again but sold the truck shortly after getting the new wheels installed. I loved the look of the wheels but I can’t justify purchasing them again after having that issue. Hope this helps somebody else’s decision.