Method Standards Bolt Cross-threaded?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SQAudiophile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any ideas on how to fix this? Noticed this today inspecting my new wheels. The bolt is tight and I don't want to torque it down more and damage the wheel further.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 74
OP
OP
SQAudiophile

SQAudiophile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I'll be able to get it out. My fear is the bolt comes out and won't screw evenly back in. I know it won't screw down any more in its current position. I didn't want to do anything until I heard from Saints Offroad in case we need to do an exchange.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
get a tap for what ever size the bolt is. take out the bolt then with alot of oil on it use the tap and slowly screw it in and back it out. after that the bolt should go in fine. BUT i think u r right, wait for saints offroad or maybe even method to tell u what they would like to be done

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
no problem. G/L

i got a set of DS's w/ the machined ring on the way so now i will be sure to check for this also. i may take them all out and powder coat the heads anyway

OP
OP
SQAudiophile

SQAudiophile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That will look great....I should have checked them better while in the box. I was just too excited to get them installed. I'm sure this isn't the first time they've seen this.

Let me know when you get your DS in and post up some pics.