Method NV bolts replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
These. I have the gunmetal color.
https://shop.aewheel.com/products/eaglealloysseries012

Three color options for the 012 wheels... All around $170 a wheel. All use the stock lug nuts and are hubcentric. The bolts are plastic, so they will not corrode.
https://www.summitracing.com/search/brand/eagle-alloys?N=4294920860+4294534316+4294920327+4294909626

That's cheaper than most Method wheels, and they have a better offfset as well. AE has true beadlocks in the 012 style too.

The only downside is there's no easy way to swap out the centercap to one that says SVT.

Thanks Eric, never saw these wheels and I wish I had. After going with the RPG Billet UCA I had to change out my faux OEM beadlocks as they would rub the UCA.

I went with Machined Method NV's because for some reason I believed they were made in America (don't remember how I got to that conclusion it was just my thinking for a while) and the day the wheels were delivered I wondered again "where are they made" only to see the box with the big "Made in China" and I was pissed I didn't check before I bought them!

I'll have to hold on to the six I have right now after I sell my 5 OEM's and 4 beadlocks I think I'll be making a switch :)

With hubcentric wheels how would I measure the offset to get a similar wheel to the NV's right now?

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The offset/backset measurement is no different whether is hub or lug centric. Both would be measured to the back of the face of the wheel flange.

AE wheels being hub centric means the center bore in the wheel is machined correctly to fit tightly on the F150 hub. The hub then bears the full weight of the truck, the lugs just provide a way to clamp the wheel tight to the hub.

The center bore in the Methods are too large, likely so they fit other vehicles with the same lug pattern, but with a larger hub diameter. In that case, the lugs are carrying the weight of the vehicle, not something they were designed to do.

Ford's OEM Raptor wheels are Chinese too, so you can get decent castings from China, but I prefer US made stuff whenever possible.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Method simply sent me another set of anodized, they said it was a new coating that wouldnt rust. Well, they completely rusted again.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My AE wheels use black plastic bolts on the fake bead lock. Fake beadlock / fake bolts. Perfect match right? Makes the wheel lighter too.

They'd never survive if you plan to get serious off roading with them, but I'm guessing the people who have that type of usage stick with metal bolts and a bit of rust is not an issue.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My AE wheels use black plastic bolts on the fake bead lock. Fake beadlock / fake bolts. Perfect match right? Makes the wheel lighter too.

They'd never survive if you plan to get serious off roading with them, but I'm guessing the people who have that type of usage stick with metal bolts and a bit of rust is not an issue.

well, not only do the rusty bolts look ******, but centrifugal force cause rust drip lines to extend across the wheel face, looking even shittier.

I guess method sells a stainless set on their site for like $140...

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
well, not only do the rusty bolts look ******, but centrifugal force cause rust drip lines to extend across the wheel face, looking even shittier.

I guess method sells a stainless set on their site for like $140...

The gold oxide does not last that long. Stainless would be the way to go. They don't have to be Method bolts. I think I used some no namers back in the day. Or Method now has the black painted bolts. They will probably last longer than the gold oxide as well.