Method bead lock bolt variations with pics!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Big Blue

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so its the correct product in the link, the pic is just wrong, like it frequently is on amazon?

Correct. Sorry, I just saw the pic, did not see it was my link. Yes, I bought these and they fit fine, but I did not care for them. The black color just blends into the rest of the wheel and they are invisible. I gave them to a buddy, and he felt the same way. They do fit though...pic is just off.

Regards

FreightTerrain

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Correct. Sorry, I just saw the pic, did not see it was my link. Yes, I bought these and they fit fine, but I did not care for them. The black color just blends into the rest of the wheel and they are invisible. I gave them to a buddy, and he felt the same way. They do fit though...pic is just off.

Regards

thanks. guess ill order em to test the look once i get my wheels, which i havent even decided on yet. standard or nv. decisions, decisions, decisions.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just ordered stainless bolts from Method for $1.00 each. I never liked the zink bolts and some of mine corroded even though I never ran them in winter (nov1-may1).

OP
OP
Big Blue

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks. guess ill order em to test the look once i get my wheels, which i havent even decided on yet. standard or nv. decisions, decisions, decisions.

If you have snowy winters (salt), go with the Standard. It's the only Method wheel to come with stainless bolts. All the others have the zinc plated bolts and they will rust after one winter.

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you guys know that you can email or call Method and tell them about your corroded screws and they will send you replacement stainless bolts for free! I did this myself. First I called and the guy wanted pictures for proof and was saying he'd only replace the individual screws that had rust. Then I just emailed and got a response back within minutes asking for my address so that they could send me a complete new set of 96 stainless bolts with no questions asked.

My vote is to get the NV's and switch out the bolts to stainless...of course, I'm partial to that setup tho.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Do you guys know that you can email or call Method and tell them about your corroded screws and they will send you replacement stainless bolts for free! I did this myself. First I called and the guy wanted pictures for proof and was saying he'd only replace the individual screws that had rust. Then I just emailed and got a response back within minutes asking for my address so that they could send me a complete new set of 96 stainless bolts with no questions asked.

My vote is to get the NV's and switch out the bolts to stainless...of course, I'm partial to that setup tho.

Yes, this you can do. However, it does take some arm twisting to get them to do it. I've heard of a few saying they were getting zinc, but stayed on them and got ss. If you call to do this, try and talk with Wally, he was at TRR and a great guy.

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After I spoke on the phone with a guy that wasn't too friendly, I emailed Method and got a very quick and friendly response from a very friendly and eager to help lady. She asked zero questions other than my address to send all the stainless bolts to. Couldn't have been easier once I emailed. Definitely recommend that route!

FreightTerrain

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you have snowy winters (salt), go with the Standard. It's the only Method wheel to come with stainless bolts. All the others have the zinc plated bolts and they will rust after one winter.

the only holding me back from the standard in the "method" on the spoke. i dont care for that look. btw, do the methods come with black or stainless steel lug nuts?