Method bead lock bolt variations with pics!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As I posted before, after only 1 Chicago winter my Method DS zinc plated bolts were completely corroded.

Method was kind enough so send me a replacement set in stainless. I also bought 100 of the amazon black plastic bolts.

Many of you guys wanted to see pics....so here you go. Another question that has been asked here...As you can see by one of the pics (with all the bolts removed), these bolts serve no fuction other than look pretty.

After I replaced the zinc bolts with the stainless bolts, I hit the wheels with a few coats of clear coat, so hopefully these will look like new for a few years.

Zinc bolts (Not pretty)

image_zps84344fde.jpg

Zinc bolts (when they looked pretty)

image_zps5aaed22f.jpg

No bolts

image_zps923d32e2.jpg

black plastic bolts

image_zps1c4c5d61.jpg

one wheel black/one wheel stainless (The wheel kinda looks smaller with all black)

image_zps86af8dbb.jpg

the bolts (you can tell which is which)

image_zps92bca50f.jpg

Final stainless bolts installed and clear coated.

image_zpsa966f935.jpg

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea that week with the black does look way smaller! I like the little bit of contrast the silver bolts give the wheels. Looks good!

JAYBIRDNLV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did you get the stainless bolts from? online or a local hardware store? also curious how much should expext to pay for them? Thanks

OP
OP
Big Blue

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where did you get the stainless bolts from? online or a local hardware store? also curious how much should expext to pay for them? Thanks

The stainless bolts are from Method. They can be purchased directly from Method for around $1.75 each or tire rack for around $1.25 each. The DS requires 24 bolts each or 96 for all 4 wheels.

The black plastic bolts from Amazon were like 100 for $10.

You will have trouble finding these at a hardware store or online (previous thread on that topic) cause the bolts have very short threads and are only for appearance.

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
Did you put any miles on the wheels when you had the plastic "bolts" on the truck? I'm just curious if you had any back out

Also, what wording should I use when searching Amazon for these

Thanks

OP
OP
Big Blue

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you put any miles on the wheels when you had the plastic "bolts" on the truck? I'm just curious if you had any back out

Also, what wording should I use when searching Amazon for these

Thanks

No, I just installed and removed. I dont think they would back out,not to mention they are crazy cheap anyway.

Here you go:

Nylon 6/6 Hex Bolt, Plain Finish, Black, External Hex Drive, Meets ASTM D4066/ASTM D6779, 6mm Length, Fully Threaded, M8-1.25 Metric Coarse Threads (Pack of 100): Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific