GEN 2 Metal pieces by windshield wiper?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike svt

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what these are and where they came from found right by windshield wiper? 6d71e0e4ce3dd304da080786d388ecb6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tin Can Rap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are locating keys that are used to properly align your wipers when installing them at the factory.

I have read that they are used for assembly and can be discarded; others have stated that they are necessary and should be reinstalled.

Mine fell out a long time ago, but I kept them to align my wipers when I remove my wiper cowl, for A pillar light install.

dblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are locating keys that are used to properly align your wipers when installing them at the factory.

I have read that they are used for assembly and can be discarded; others have stated that they are necessary and should be reinstalled.

Mine fell out a long time ago, but I kept them to align my wipers when I remove my wiper cowl, for A pillar light install.
Interesting. How do they help align? I found mine in little slots in the cowl and discarded them.

amREADY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked everywhere for something that was missing or messed up when I found one of these. Thought I picked it up randomly from driving maybe, but seemed really odd. Thanks!

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Found a set shortly after I got my truck. Was waiting for a windshield wiper to come flying off one day, as they looked like key ways to me.

Now I know.

two24studios

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OMG thank you! I found one of these a few months back sitting at the bottom of my windshield. Had no idea where it came from or if it even was part of my truck.

Fastback89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm... I found one also. I think it’s buried in the centre console.

Edit: learned something new today
Thanks for the answer @Tin Can Rap

Stole these pics off the net.

View attachment 143385 View attachment 143386
Hmm... I found one also. I think it’s buried in the centre console.

Edit: learned something new today
Thanks for the answer @Tin Can Rap

Stole these pics off the net.

View attachment 143385 View attachment 143386
I epoxied mine back in just to be ****. I knew what they were just wanted them in there