Metal oil pan and drain plug?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They make several versions but the best is this one >> https://www.fumotooildrainvalve.com/f107sx.html

You can adjust the spout/drain to any position you desire with the sx line. The one pictured with my RS is the f107sx.

What is to stop someone from just turning the valve and draining all your oil? Forgive me, I live in a very urban area and sadly, these are things I have to consider... do they somehow lock? I've always used evacuators to drain oil but on this truck, they don't work so well so this seems like the next best alternative. TIA.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It comes with a safety clip and also the valve has to be pushed in and turned and the same time to opened. It would be impossible for the valve to accidentally open.

If you are worried about someone getting under your truck and opening the valve then you must also worry about someone getting under your truck with a socket and removing the drain bolt.

What is to stop someone from just turning the valve and draining all your oil? Forgive me, I live in a very urban area and sadly, these are things I have to consider... do they somehow lock? I've always used evacuators to drain oil but on this truck, they don't work so well so this seems like the next best alternative. TIA.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you are worried about someone getting under your truck and opening the valve then you must also worry about someone getting under your truck with a socket and removing the drain bolt.

Yes this is true, but most hooligans don't run around with tools - which closes my own point since the drain plug is covered anyway by the rear skid plate. My brain still isn't quite going yet :D

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All I can say is that it works very well. You will never have to worry about stripping the drain bolt or rounding it off. And the Fumoto valve is stout. When I drain my oil, I put my recycling container right under the valve. No more splashing when removing the drain oil bolt and thus a not a drop of oil on the garage floor when changing your oil with the Fumoto valve.

Yes this is true, but most hooligans don't run around with tools - which closes my own point since the drain plug is covered anyway by the rear skid plate. My brain still isn't quite going yet :D

Last edited:

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All I can say is that it works very well. You will never have to worry about stripping the drain bolt or rounding it off. And the Fumoto valve is stout. When I drain my oil, I put my recycling container right under the valve. No more splashing when removing the drain oil bolt and thus a not a drop of oil on the garage floor when changing your oil with the Fumoto valve.

Yeah since you have to get under the truck to change the filter, this seems like a good option. Now i just have to wait and see if the aluminum oil pan is a direct fit for those of us with composite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They make several versions but the best is this one >> https://www.fumotooildrainvalve.com/f107sx.html

You can adjust the spout/drain to any position you desire with the sx line. The one pictured with my RS is the f107sx.

Fantastic idea, I'd thought about this in the past but never followed up on it. Is the drainage flow rate still decent? If so I'm ordering one!! Thanks!

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

Yesterday during my travels I saw 2 802A Raptors sitting on the lot of a dealership about a half hour from my house. I stopped and looked under both trucks and they both had metal oil pans and drain plugs. FWIW....I have almost 22k miles on my 2017 and my plastic oil pan hasn't leaked yet. But I'll probably buy a metal pan at some point and replace it anyway.

Hey Nassty, chances are if it's not leaking at this point you'll be OK. Why not wait to replace the pan (at your expense) until right before your Warranty expires? That way Ford is on the hook for the cost (as they should be for a defective part) if it should start to leak before then...

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey Nassty, chances are if it's not leaking at this point you'll be OK. Why not wait to replace the pan (at your expense) until right before your Warranty expires? That way Ford is on the hook for the cost (as they should be for a defective part) if it should start to leak before then...

Yah, I'm not in a hurry at this point since it's not leaking and I just changed the oil a few days ago. I was just thinking about buying the pan ahead of time since it doesn't cost that much. https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-pan-asy-engine-oil-br3z6675rb