Metal oil pan and drain plug?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorMaryland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the original sticker from the window and I saved/printed the electronic one from the Ford website before I drove down to pick it up.

This is wierd, but today after 2 weeks of a missing window sticker on the ford web site, its back.

CSJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To all you model 18s with the metal oil pan/plug, the joke is on you!! Since that thing weighs 9.61 ounces more than our plastic pans/plugs your street racing creds just took a hit! That equates to a heavier truck and a 1/3 mile time five thousands of a second slower than plastic! Good luck trying to get below 6 seconds on your 0-60 and good luck trying to impress that girl (er person, is that PC enough).

:ROFLJest:

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
YES....Just checked and I've got the aluminum pan....still looks like a plastic trans pan...Door plate just says 2/18

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yesterday during my travels I saw 2 802A Raptors sitting on the lot of a dealership about a half hour from my house. I stopped and looked under both trucks and they both had metal oil pans and drain plugs. FWIW....I have almost 22k miles on my 2017 and my plastic oil pan hasn't leaked yet. But I'll probably buy a metal pan at some point and replace it anyway.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
just get a fumoto valve. I have used them in my last 5 cars and it works well. granted, it will not work with the plastic oil pan. I plan to get one when I order the 2019. On my RS:

change5.jpg

change6.jpg

098ace57b2dd1c24e1c5dbc33bc0a63f.jpg

https://www.nospillsystems.com/index.cfm

This is a good fail safe system that is easy to work with

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks good. The fail safe is a plug with a spring loaded plug. As you screw the hose on it dpresses the plunger. As well you screw a brass plug over hose threads when not draining oil.