Metal oil pan and drain plug?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HAZMAT221

Reaction score
I’ve read on some threads that the turbos on later models 18+ have more compression on the turbos. Don’t recall exact threads beacause I was lurking on here for a while before making an account.

I suppose I just want to know if there’s anything should watch for on having an engine designed for a later model on a 17.

OP
OP
O

OriginalToken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve read on some threads that the turbos on later models 18+ have more compression on the turbos. Don’t recall exact threads beacause I was lurking on here for a while before making an account.

I suppose I just want to know if there’s anything should watch for on having an engine designed for a later model on a 17.

The only Turbo changes I can think of already apply to all Raptors, from the first Gen 2 on.

As for a later motor in a 17, there should be no issues. In fact, if there is anything to the Phaser issue with earlier motors you may be past that with your new long block, having those improved parts in it.

In general I can't think of anything you particularly need to be watching for.

T!

HAZMAT221

Reaction score
The only Turbo changes I can think of already apply to all Raptors, from the first Gen 2 on.

As for a later motor in a 17, there should be no issues. In fact, if there is anything to the Phaser issue with earlier motors you may be past that with your new long block, having those improved parts in it.

In general I can't think of anything you particularly need to be watching for.

T!

Hope that’s the case! Thanks for the input

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Could you ping me your vin? I want to pull the car fax and see this for myself. If the engine was replaced under warranty then it should have not appeared in the carfax.

Car fax indicates the “Long Block was replaced” around 21,000 miles. Could that be the reason? Did a google search but that didn’t indicate anything specific for the raptor.