MBRP Turn Down Sound Clip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

worduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the MPRP turndown last night. Easy to remove old exhaust with the spare tire removed and i jacked up the rear using a farm jack on the hitch. I also drilled a self drilling stainless screw through the tip, clamp and into the turndown. I have read on related posts that the tips seem to be falling off.

Damn this thing is loud! Bad ass loud!! And it does drone. I'm not sure how much i can take. But damn i love the sound! but not the drone around 1,900-2,000 rpms.

1. When it is said to rotate 45 degrees, are you saying more towards the side of the truck, but not all the way to 90? Does this help the drone somewhat?

2. menerso, has the resonator helped eliminate the drone?

thanks

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes. Rotate the tip to the 4/5 o'clock position as if you were looking towards the front of the truck. This will direct the noise away from you and from reverberating off the ground.

It'll also make it louder and easier to **** people off as you pass people on the left :rock:

worduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. Rotate the tip to the 4/5 o'clock position as if you were looking towards the front of the truck. This will direct the noise away from you and from reverberating off the ground.

It'll also make it louder and easier to **** people off as you pass people on the left :rock:

i figured that was the deal. and an easy one. thanks! did i mention that this thing is looooouuuuudddd!!!!!!

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds promising to me, u have any links?

Method NV/37's
Boatec front and Rear fenders
Rigid dually's in fogs
FOR NOW!
usageda3.jpgysazahu6.jpg
se8y8aba.jpg

bmcgalliard

Reaction score
So I ordered the kit minus the resonator and the OP is right its hella loud and love it! It is how the Raptor should sound. The drone is pretty bad as others mentioned, but tolerable. I am also getting a lot of vibration especially from the rear sliding window. This in itself is driving me nuts! Anybody else running this kit have bad vibration issues. I currently have the turndown at the 6 o'clock position and as others mentioned in this post are considering moving to the 4 o'clock position or 45 degrees. I wonder if this will fix the vibration if not I will have to buy the pipe with the resonator. Any cab vibrations with either setup guys?

Thanks....

Razor Ramon

Reaction score
I have the setup with the resonator at 4 o'clock and it is very tolerable on the highway. As soon as I tow anything I feel like my heads going to explode from the drone. I'm going to look at doing a side exit or muffler swap in the near future