MBRP Turn Down Sound Clip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
did you get the resonaters yet would like to hear it. some times that mellow rumble sounds pretty awousm

Reaction score
I did. I put it on Friday night.

It is slightly quieter. Less drone though.

I will do another clip, but I doubt if you tell.

I love the sound of my turn down but the helicopter drone is pretty intense with the windows closed, does the added resonater get rid of it??

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I appreciate a tuned exhaust. On my 91 f250 7.3 diesel I have a straight pipe it sounded good with the full pip but the end broke off so I just welded it to go out right behind the passenger door don't sound as good now it is just noise I prefer a note. how ever I noticed it will now yellow line in 5th gear way to fast in that old truck lol.

Reaction score
Can you post a pic and was it and easy install? I recently installed the MBRP turndown system. Love the sound at startup and idle, but the downside is lotsa drone that's starting to drive me crazy. Thinking of going back to stock for awhile.

liqinwei26

Reaction score
I just installed the MBRP turndown and it is loud. I called MBRP and they said I can purchase a resonator for it to tone it down a bit.

Here is the audio clip
2012 Ford Raptor with MBRP turndown - YouTube

Here is the part number for the resonator piece.
mbrp-exhaust-resonator.jpg

I will take another sound clip once they figure out how to sell me the part... apparently no one has asked for the resonator pipe before.

Any drone inside the car? I was thinking about getting this exhaust!

shooterAMG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a Stainless Works turn down. Yes there is some drone, but I don't notice it anymore. The exciting sounds of the local NPR station drown it out enough that you don't hear it.

Evanscott29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have it as well and have been meaning to post a review. There is some drone, but that should be expected from a system like this. However, with my radio on and the windows up, it is not bad and all you feel is a little rumble in the floor boards.

To the OP, It might help to turn the tip out 45 degrees. I did that to mine and it did help a little bit with how loud it is. I will agree with some other posters though that this is how this truck should sound. I describe the sound a a meaty, throaty, deep rich tone that doesnt get really "loud" until you stomp on it.

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

I have definietly used the throttle as an instrument, and as a tool when someone is going slow and I finally get to pass them, I stomp on it when I am right beside them. Then I smile of course ! :D