MB TKO - Should I go 18" or 20"??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A major issue with larger wheels that rarely gets discussed is the ultimate evil in vehicles and that's unsprung weight.

Unsprung weight is the enemy of vehicle performance. It affects shock/suspension performance, brake performance, steering, handling, etc.

I get that you love the look but you can't justify the additional unsprung weight in terms of performance. :sunot:

OP
OP
infinitereality

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
I personally can't tell any difference in stopping or going. Don't get me wrong, there has to be.... but it must not be much. Pretty gas mileage will suffer, but I didn't buy a Raptor for gas mileage anyways, lol.

Still need to get TPMS relearned and an alignment tomorrow. Truck does ride rougher, I wonder which contributed to that more... tires or mid-perch?

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wondering if it makes a noticeable diiference in stopping distance or cornering?:Sumo:

Well it fills a little more top heavy but I've only put 20 miles on the truck with the new tires so don't know. As for braking the tires are the point of failure. I can get ABS to kick on before I lose my brakes at least for oh shit moments. Now i'm sure on a long run you would see the fade faster but for DD not much difference.

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

My 37s on 17s at 33PSI ride the best it ever has including 100% stock and I'm on the top perch. The extra tire is like a pillow. I was pleasantly surprised at the improvement in ride.