****** Max 360 Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBQPorkins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did they update the driver assist radar on the 360 as they did with the 360c? Right now that has to be my biggest complaint right now with my 9500. drives me insane...driving along and the K band just screams full bore...Hence looking to upgrade to the 360c but if the firmware was updated on the 360 id be all over it.

Raptorx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are there any retailers that sell the 360c right now or do I need to go through the ****** website?

Thanks.

OP
OP
A

ahallada

Reaction score
Did they update the driver assist radar on the 360 as they did with the 360c? Right now that has to be my biggest complaint right now with my 9500. drives me insane...driving along and the K band just screams full bore...Hence looking to upgrade to the 360c but if the firmware was updated on the 360 id be all over it.

I'm not having any issues with the Max 360 and driver assist stuff. It's a pretty quiet radar detector. I have the most current firmware installed.

I was able to take it out last night and test it along side my older ****** Passport 8500 X 50. They were identical in capture speeds and they ramped up exactly the same on over 7 Ka radar encounters. It's almost like they are the same radar detector except the Max 360 has the directional arrows added and of course bluetooth and GPS. The 8500 is the same as the 9500 base unit but the 9500 has the GPS capabilities added.

The Uniden beat them both in every encounter, most times by a few seconds, but sometimes by 10-20 seconds.

You can buy the ****** Max 360c through their website or from an authorized dealer, but they are trying to keep them off Amazon and eBay.

Raptorx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not having any issues with the Max 360 and driver assist stuff. It's a pretty quiet radar detector. I have the most current firmware installed.

I was able to take it out last night and test it along side my older ****** Passport 8500 X 50. They were identical in capture speeds and they ramped up exactly the same on over 7 Ka radar encounters. It's almost like they are the same radar detector except the Max 360 has the directional arrows added and of course bluetooth and GPS. The 8500 is the same as the 9500 base unit but the 9500 has the GPS capabilities added.

The Uniden beat them both in every encounter, most times by a few seconds, but sometimes by 10-20 seconds.

You can buy the ****** Max 360c through their website or from an authorized dealer, but they are trying to keep them off Amazon and eBay.

Thank you for the information.

GMEN92

Reaction score
I know this is a older thread but do You guys have any issues with the radar shutting down or not even turning on at times ?

I have the max 360 and have it mounted and hard wired as well. It all came with the truck when i got it

I have even sent it in to be checked and they said all was fine but still having same issues .. thanks

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
when does it shut down? does it shut down when the truck does the auto shut off at lights? or its completely random? the power source will have to be determined so we can know for sure the connection and the source. then go from there