Match made in heaven, or is it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
P

Prime

Reaction score
Thanks Shaggy

You'll have about 7.5 feet of platform with a crew cab pickup with the gate down (67" bed + 22" tailgate). Have loaded various motorcycles into my Dad's crewcab GM pickup with no trouble. It's no worse than a 6.5' bed, tailgate will be down in any case.

The height on the other hand is going to make things unpleasant...two inches taller than are a regular F-150. Get a good ramp and put the truck's rear axle in the gutter.

I don't mind the tailgate being down since I'll be strapping it down anyway.

As for the ramp?
FOUND MY SOLUTION!!

The last two pictures pretty much sold me.

I wonder if those ******* chicks come with the ramp. They look cheap enough. "Congratulations! You now have a great new ramp and GonoHerpeSyphilAIDS for life!"

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

Prime

Reaction score
looks like a really nice ramp. Also looks like its 3 peices

It seems to be a folding one-piece. It looks like a complicated yet effective fold, though. It's a little scary because it kinda reminds me of the last time I bought an entertainment system that said "some assembly required" and it just looked so simple! The whole time I was assembling this abomination, my girlfriend was watching TV and she goes through TWO (2) National Geographic specials. One was about the Pyramids of Ancient Egypt and another about some genius kids solving equations and puzzles impossibly quickly (Rubik's Cube in 7 seconds, speed chess, etc.) I felt like I was building a Pyramid made of Rubik's Cubes I had to solve one by one. Those genius brats made me feel great about myself too, lol.

Once I get some Canyon Dancers and Snap Hook tie-downs I'll be set.

Really, thanks a ton for all of the ideas. I wouldn't have found all of these if it weren't for all the input.

BentToast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Raptor-with-bikes-at-Shell-thumb-717x537.jpg

2010 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor: Bike Hauler
Welcome to the forum!

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
I don't know of any actuall reviews but here is a site that talks about this type of system.
Brand New SMC-600R Hitch Mounted Motorcycle Hauler by Rage Powersports : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com

I do believe that it will obstruct the view but you may be able to see through to a certain point.

It will obstruct the view of what you're backing up over, as the camera lens is mounted in the bottom of the FORD logo. But you will have a nice close up view of the bikes carb while you back up...:)

I'm lookin at a Softail Crossbones for next year, but struggle with seeing it parked sideways mounted on the trailer hitch. That bike mount is great though.