Match made in heaven, or is it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Prime

Reaction score
I'm in a bind here. Big dilemma. Stuck in a box. In a pickle.

I'm in love with the SVT Raptor, as I'm sure most of you can relate. I love every thing that the Raptor is and what it was put in this world for. I love its purpose so much that I've taken Dodge Chargers and Mitsubishi Eclipses out off-roading and dune racing just to see what happens, and disaster or not it's sure as hell a fun time. I also love it for another very, very, very special reason:

You see, I own a 2010 Honda CBR600RR Special Edition "Leyla", much like the one pictured below.
10_mod_600_comp-099.jpg

My sweet Leyla can get better mileage than a Prius and has beaten Corvettes and Nissan GTRs off the line more times than Father Time can count. Needless to say, I'm emotionally attached to it like a fat kid loves cake. Interestingly enough, Leyla seems to be a match made in heaven to a certain something you're all very familiar with:
ford-f-150-svt-rapto-4_1600x0w.jpg

Now THAT's a sexy couple! Leyla's only a little over 400lbs, so imagine her on top of him. Do it. I know, right? It's got me sweating worse than a ***** in church after a Saturday night in San Fernando Valley.

I am, however, presented with a problem. When she gets on top of the bed, she may not fit. Leyla is about 83 inches, and the bed is, well, not nearly that much...

Any of you here have experience using the Raptor to transport Sportbikes? Technically, it's a Supersport Bike and I really can't afford to drop it, and certainly not when I'm going 70 on the interstate. How much room would the Stowable Bed Extender cover? I'd love to pool from you sages and your insights on the Raptor. Really, this is the only thing keeping me from making the commitment in getting a Raptor, because in the end, I have to think about my Leyla too.

Questions, comments, concerns, suggestions, and solutions, please feel free!

Last edited:

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
You'll have about 7.5 feet of platform with a crew cab pickup with the gate down (67" bed + 22" tailgate). Have loaded various motorcycles into my Dad's crewcab GM pickup with no trouble. It's no worse than a 6.5' bed, tailgate will be down in any case.

The height on the other hand is going to make things unpleasant...two inches taller than are a regular F-150. Get a good ramp and put the truck's rear axle in the gutter.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
These are mine and I have a trailer for my bike but the bad part with the trailer is parking and whatever.
So I've been looking into one of these which carry 600lbs and when you take the bike off you can just store it in the back of the truck.
Plus when loading it up you don't have the chance of DROPPING IT.
This cost 299.99 plus tax and ship/hand included which I think is not a bad price.
RAPTOR AND BIKE.jpg
tow 1.jpg
tow2.jpg
tow3.jpg
tow4.jpg

I found it offered at costco.com under automotive

OP
OP
P

Prime

Reaction score
Ironman, that Motorcycle Mounted Carrier is absolutely amazing. Have you read any product reviews about that product?

OP
OP
P

Prime

Reaction score
Also, where is the rear view camera mounted on the Raptor? Would the mounted bike obstruct that line of sight?

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Ironman, that Motorcycle Mounted Carrier is absolutely amazing. Have you read any product reviews about that product?
I don't know of any actuall reviews but here is a site that talks about this type of system.
Brand New SMC-600R Hitch Mounted Motorcycle Hauler by Rage Powersports : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
Also, where is the rear view camera mounted on the Raptor? Would the mounted bike obstruct that line of sight?

I do believe that it will obstruct the view but you may be able to see through to a certain point.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Prime, first and foremost, let me say that I like your style. You're a wordsmith and your metaphors are solid and humorous....keep that shit comin'.

Secondly, to answer your question, the backup cam is mounted within the Ford emblem on the tailgate. The lens is in the lower part of the chrome housing right beneath the blue oval.