Master cylinder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xbman

Reaction score
Having problem with break system. Stops fine but when sitting at light my break pedal goes to the ground. I already dud a bench bleed with the master cylinder and bled my lines to see is there was air. Still same prob. Has anyone in countered this and if so is this prob usual. Other then new mc any suggestions

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do you mean you had a dud bench the mc? If you opened the system you have air in it now. You need a scan tool to activate the ABS and get the rest of the air out. You cant just open these systems like the older ones.

OP
OP
X

Xbman

Reaction score
Sorry phone auto uncorrect. I did a bench bleed on the mc. But did not know about the reset on computer. I'll try that right now and see if that works

---------- Post added at 01:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

Damn new vehicles so when you say scan to activate the abs, are you talking about the obd reader. I have both the obd and sct tuner that reads the dtc. But neither show options for the abs. What scanner you referring to

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry phone auto uncorrect. I did a bench bleed on the mc. But did not know about the reset on computer. I'll try that right now and see if that works

Resetting the PCM will do nothing! You need to either have someone with a scan tool run through the bleed process or you can go out and make the ABS activate to push air to the calipers and them bleed again and again again. ITs a long process that way but it does work

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score

---------- Post added at 01:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

Damn new vehicles so when you say scan to activate the abs, are you talking about the obd reader. I have both the obd and sct tuner that reads the dtc. But neither show options for the abs. What scanner you referring to

This is the tool... ScanTool001.jpg