Master Brake Cylinder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well had good luck with my cars and trucks over the years with no major issues requiring lengthy shop time. On the Raptor, had leaking right front axle and they ordered parts and fixed in one day.

Other day the brake pedal went to floor and almost could not stop in time. Got it home and had no drop in brake fluid so figured it was internal leak on master brake cylinder and dealer confirmed.

So you would figure quick fix since under warranty.....not so fast.....the part is backordered. Few days later the due date changed due to "transporation" issues. Part is now due "week of 12/9". This coming Monday will be two weeks and counting.....hope not much longer as I started shopping for a '20 to help with the frustration.

MikeJones603

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had my 19 for 7 months now, it's been in the shop for warranty work for 3 of the 7 months (and counting) for various reasons. (high level conversation)

OP
OP
hamster

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've had my 19 for 7 months now, it's been in the shop for warranty work for 3 of the 7 months (and counting) for various reasons. (high level conversation)

Bummer. Hope last problems for both of us.....at least for a while!

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Took my 18 in for water leaking in the cabin yesterday. Got a king ranch with the 3.5EB as a loaner. I’d rather have my Raptor of course, but I don’t mind racking up the miles on this thing temporarily.

MikeJones603

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took my 18 in for water leaking in the cabin yesterday. Got a king ranch with the 3.5EB as a loaner. I’d rather have my Raptor of course, but I don’t mind racking up the miles on this thing temporarily.

Interesting, among other things, my 19 has been in 3x for water leaking into the cabin. They cant seem to fix it. The water ends up in the passenger side rocker panel.

The following has been explored:

-sunroof drain
-wifi antenna
-windshield
-windshield gasket

Ford buy back looms..

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Interesting, among other things, my 19 has been in 3x for water leaking into the cabin. They cant seem to fix it. The water ends up in the passenger side rocker panel.

The following has been explored:

-sunroof drain
-wifi antenna
-windshield
-windshield gasket

Ford buy back looms..

Yikes, I hope they don't have as much trouble with mine. Though this is the 2nd time I've taken it in for the same issue. First time they couldn't replicate (I don't even think they tried TBH) This time I took photos and video. I didn't even bother calling in an appointment. Drove it straight to the dealer and took it to the same service adviser that suggested maybe I accidentally left my sunroof open the first time I took it in. My leak was from the upfitter switches and the driver side A pillar right where the grab handle is, there's a little plastic piece that pops off the handle where water was spilling out from. Bit of good news for me is they have identified an obstructed drain hose.

In your case, the only other thing I can think of is maybe the 3rd brake light.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Well had good luck with my cars and trucks over the years with no major issues requiring lengthy shop time. On the Raptor, had leaking right front axle and they ordered parts and fixed in one day.

Other day the brake pedal went to floor and almost could not stop in time. Got it home and had no drop in brake fluid so figured it was internal leak on master brake cylinder and dealer confirmed.

So you would figure quick fix since under warranty.....not so fast.....the part is backordered. Few days later the due date changed due to "transporation" issues. Part is now due "week of 12/9". This coming Monday will be two weeks and counting.....hope not much longer as I started shopping for a '20 to help with the frustration.

have you asked them to search other local and not so local dealers?

That’s a scary failure, glad you’re ok.

OP
OP
hamster

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
have you asked them to search other local and not so local dealers?

That’s a scary failure, glad you’re ok.

Yeah I talked to the service manager and they talked to their regional rep. I'm just hoping it actually ships on Monday. Bought a PB 2020 today so now I have a built-in spare. Mrs. taking the '17.