Massachusetts Raptor Owners - Service Work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

0341Marine

Reaction score
For those of you that live in Massachusetts where do you get work done on your trucks? I have been going to a local dealership but am interested in looking elsewhere to get my shocks taken care of.
I just hit 50k miles on my 2018 and am ordering the shocks via RockAuto. any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There are plenty of places where you can do a shock exchange - basically you get sent 4 rebuilt shocks, you swap them with yours then send yours in. Want to say cost is around $750 or so... anyway, it's a good option and is certainly cheaper than buying 4 new shocks - your shocks are designed to be serviced not just replaced like most street car shocks.

OP
OP
0341Marine

0341Marine

Reaction score
Thanks, I'm aware of the fact that I can go the rebuild route, but I don;t think there are any places in Mass that offer that service. I can get all 4 new OEM for $1500. I'd rather just go that route and not risk there being some issue with the rebuilds. I plan on selling the ones they take out so it will lower the overall costs of the shocks if that makes sense.

Sharpie69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I'm aware of the fact that I can go the rebuild route, but I don;t think there are any places in Mass that offer that service. I can get all 4 new OEM for $1500. I'd rather just go that route and not risk there being some issue with the rebuilds. I plan on selling the ones they take out so it will lower the overall costs of the shocks if that makes sense.
I'm in Boston, I do all of that stuff myself, how handy are you?

Trail_Rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in Danvers MA and have a buddy in Ipswich with a Gen1, he gets his shocks rebuilt by a guy CT. I believe he can do it while you wait.