Map of southern California desert

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93ToyTruck

Reaction score
I created a map for off-roading in the so Cal desert. I found several threads here that reference the map so I thought I'd provide a little more detail as other members have found it useful. Coverage area now includes all of San Diego and Imperial counties and the southern part of Riverside county. The map was formerly known as the Anza-Borrego Explorer. Coverage has recently been expanded from the Pacific ocean to the Arizona border and it has been renamed as the San Diego Trail Map. It contains just about every dirt road and trail that you can drive on. The trails are color coded to indicate if they're street legal only or if they allow green sticker OHV. I created the majority of the data myself over several years. This is the most accurate map of the desert available.

3,700 miles of OHV trails
2,700 miles of street legal trails

The map works on Garmin or Lowrance GPS receivers. It can also be used on a PC or Mac which is the origin of the screenshots. I'm selling it for $30. (I didn't see an appropriate vendor forum. Please move post as needed.) The Coverage page of the website has a dozen or more maps of OHV areas and the Anza-Borrego DSP. I will be adding more screenshots to this area later.

Does anybody know the manufacturer of GPS in the Raptor? Searching the internet, it appears that it could be Navitel or Garmin. If it's Garmin, the map could likely be added to the on board navigation system.

Check out the website for more info or let me know if you have any questions.

Lee

SanDiegoTrailMap.com

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
as soon as the big gets settled, I'm purchasing

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

Will they work on any iPad/iPhone apps??

OP
OP

93ToyTruck

Reaction score
iPhone is next

as soon as the big gets settled, I'm purchasing

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

Will they work on any iPad/iPhone apps??

Right now it is available for Garmin, Lowrance, PC and Mac. There is an Android version but the labels don't display well.

I just completed creating the data and converting it to other platforms is my next task. iPhone is first on the list.

OP
OP

93ToyTruck

Reaction score
Not yet on the iPad. The same app will be used by the iPhone.

Garmin BaseCamp is a free app for Mac and PC that can be used to view the map. It's good for figuring out where to go.

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Awesome! You guys are blessed with an incredible number of off-road miles there in California - great to find your way around them better and safely get back home.

Welcome!