MAP/MAF error code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blu Bug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was oiled. I drove a good 20hrs before the wrench but it was a fresh cleaned filter that I oiled just like I have the last 2 times I have cleaned it. A few sprays per side ( one coat)
Sorry, I didn’t mean MAP sensor. I meant the mass air flow sensor (MAF)

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
If you pay Ford to run the diagnostics, you will have likely spent enough to buy a replacement sensor and wasted time waiting.

If you like, you can enter this PID list into your AP datalog function to gather real-time data. Start a datalog when you’re in the situation that causes the problem and stop the datalog about 30 sec after the fault appears.

Attachments

• Datalog List.txt
    592 bytes · Views: 3

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just my 2 cents here, could be wrong… those sensor filaments are really finicky. Its likely something got dicked up swapping out the intake plumbing. Remove the tune. I highly doubt the ecu is so highly effected by 4-6k feet of atmospherics as it measures air as a function velocity not the amount of o2 in air.

TwizzleStix

Reaction score
Just my 2 cents here, could be wrong… those sensor filaments are really finicky. Its likely something got dicked up swapping out the intake plumbing. Remove the tune. I highly doubt the ecu is so highly effected by 4-6k feet of atmospherics as it measures air as a function velocity not the amount of o2 in air.
It measures the total air “pressure” inside the manifold and before the manifold at the entrance (throttle body) and the ambient pressure (barometric). 4-6k feet in altitude is a significant difference in air pressure.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It measures the total air “pressure” inside the manifold and before the manifold at the entrance (throttle body) and the ambient pressure (barometric). 4-6k feet in altitude is a significant difference in air pressure.
Correct the MAP does but its limping because it thinks its over-pressured not under. Altitude change is factored in. People go up and down vail pass every day and thats 5 k easy. Its not an airplane.

ChrisMcP05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Literally was just in Wyoming, stage 2 tune from Cobb, laid into it hard around 80 mph uphill and triggered the same MAP sensor and limp mode. Uninstalled and everything seems to be running fine. First time this has happened to me and it’s been tuned for 30k miles.

OP
OP
RaptorIce

RaptorIce

Reaction score
Literally was just in Wyoming, stage 2 tune from Cobb, laid into it hard around 80 mph uphill and triggered the same MAP sensor and limp mode. Uninstalled and everything seems to be running fine. First time this has happened to me and it’s been tuned for 30k miles.
So quick update I ran upto 5000 ft with everything stock and it was fine. Guessing it's not what cobb said and it's actually the tune like a few said. I don't plan on going back to Utah or Wyoming any time soon so I'll probably just re install. I might go through @GooseTuned as everyone on here says he's the best and could possibly make sure this doesn't happen again. Let me know if it happens again I also had my tune for 20k and have driven almost 2k miles since and it hasn't happened again .

TwizzleStix

Reaction score
Correct the MAP does but its limping because it thinks its over-pressured not under. Altitude change is factored in. People go up and down vail pass every day and thats 5 k easy. Its not an airplane.

Bless your heart jeeper. A “tuned” vehicle runs much closer to the sensor trip level.

I started typing a much more detailed explanation of absolute pressure as it applies to these Ecoboost forced induction engines, but deleted it as I’m sure it would be a TLDR.