MAP/MAF error code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorIce

Reaction score
Hey guys kind of my first post here (I am working on getting my Baja pics for an introduction post) I have a cobb stage 2 on a 2020 along with their CAI and had the code p0068 (MAP,MAF manifold pressure and mass air flow) pop on me twice along with the wrench and limp mode while in Utah and Wyoming this last week. (BTW MOAB is amazing) I am currently waiting for cobb to email me back but thought Id throw a post up and see if I should have ford look at it tomorrow. Truck is going in for the wiper motor recall. I would have to put the stock CAI back on so not sure its worth my time as last time I took the truck in ford tried to order me parts I didn't need. I also searched the forum and it could of been the elevation? Someone said they had Goose tune it out so it wouldn't happen again but other than that I didn't see any fixes? Anyway after the first time I put in a clean filter and blew off the cord that plugs into the intake and it worked for 4-5 hrs then it did it again both times going up hill 70+ . After that though I drove 13 hrs back to CA with hills and no problems. Also the cord didn't seem loose or anything it QT turned out and back in. I guess that would be the only thing ford could do is replace that? -Thanks if you guys got anything for me.

OP
OP
RaptorIce

RaptorIce

Reaction score
Hey thanks for the reply. I've learned a lot from your posts. Cobb said it could be a vacuum leak and to do a pressurized smoke test or the MAP sensor is dirty. My plan was to take the tune off and put the stock intake on and see what ford can do? If ford actually test those things and they are all good I guess I should press cobb about the tune?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey thanks for the reply. I've learned a lot from your posts. Cobb said it could be a vacuum leak and to do a pressurized smoke test or the MAP sensor is dirty. My plan was to take the tune off and put the stock intake on and see what ford can do? If ford actually test those things and they are all good I guess I should press cobb about the tune?
Uninstall the tune, and then re-evaluate. If the issue returns, schedule a dealer visit to have it diagnosed. If not, contact COBB so they can look into it.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would do as fordtech said and also put the stock intake back on in sequence before I took it in to Ford, you need to do process of elimination first, if the problem goes away by the time you get to stock tune and parts, then you know the problem isn't Fords problem, Ford isn't there to diagnos aftermarket parts unfortunately, some dealers will help you out if you pay them, but if you are trying to get warranty, you are most likely out of luck.

OP
OP
RaptorIce

RaptorIce

Reaction score
Appreciate the replys. So ford wanted 200$ to test the MAP censor even though I'm in warranty because the wrench light was not currently on. I was at 6,000+ elevation when this happened both times and I'm wondering if it was just that? Anyway I didn't pay ford and I have the tune and the CAI back to stock and am planning on going to 4,000+ elevation on Monday so between that and driving back to CA from Wyoming (13hrs) with no problems I guess I'll just assume it's good to go? I also have an ADD bumper that sets off the engin light if the tune is off is driving with that light on for a day (monday) worth it to "test" the tune and intake potential problem?

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
The Cobb OTS tunes are generally good up to any driving altitude. That said, at high(er) altitude/lower barometric pressure, the turbocharger is pushed much harder to hit the boost required at the desired Load/Torque. It’s possible that one of the MAP sensors reads wonky near the high or low end and is ok when closer to sea level.

You must run a data log with the AP to see the actual problem as it occurs. The OBD2 should also have recorded the real-time diagnostic data that caused the DTC to set. The dealer could view it with their IDS, but it is erased when you clear the codes with the AP.

OP
OP
RaptorIce

RaptorIce

Reaction score
Is the Cobb CIA filter oiled or dry. I wonder if you got oil on the MAP sensor
It was oiled. I drove a good 20hrs before the wrench but it was a fresh cleaned filter that I oiled just like I have the last 2 times I have cleaned it. A few sprays per side ( one coat)

OP
OP
RaptorIce

RaptorIce

Reaction score
The Cobb OTS tunes are generally good up to any driving altitude. That said, at high(er) altitude/lower barometric pressure, the turbocharger is pushed much harder to hit the boost required at the desired Load/Torque. It’s possible that one of the MAP sensors reads wonky near the high or low end and is ok when closer to sea level.

You must run a data log with the AP to see the actual problem as it occurs. The OBD2 should also have recorded the real-time diagnostic data that caused the DTC to set. The dealer could view it with their IDS, but it is erased when you clear the codes with the AP.
ok thanks, so would you recommend if it happens again just to pay ford to test the MAP sensor? I am going to run up to 4000 altitude with no tune and CAI on Friday and if nothing happens I plan on putting the tune and intake back on so if it happens again after that and I limp to a dealership with the tune installed would they still run the test if I pay them since I would have to take the tune off to try and warranty it which may clear the code? If I can figure it out I will use the AP to record my trip on Friday in case it happens again.