Mandatory Recaro Seats and Blue Interior with 37’s?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford would never ship then as true beadlocks with them being illegal to run on the street in many states.....

True. And another reason to call them fake. I know, I know. But anyone who actually runs beadlocks is going to replace the factory crap with something better anyway. It's just additional profit from uglier wheels with a fancy name.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
True. And another reason to call them fake. I know, I know. But anyone who actually runs beadlocks is going to replace the factory crap with something better anyway. It's just additional profit from uglier wheels with a fancy name.

Why are the factory beadlocks worse than aftermarket? Serious question, as I see the primary reason people switch out the wheels is because they want a unique look and/or bigger wheels, with wheel weight/strength as secondary issues.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why are the factory beadlocks worse than aftermarket? Serious question, as I see the primary reason people switch out the wheels is because they want a unique look and/or bigger wheels, with wheel weight/strength as secondary issues.

It's not clear that they are worse. But everyone seems to want to swap them out anyway. It's probably the old look down your nose at everything OEM going on. Besides, everything aftermarket is always better. And the more it costs, the better it is. ;)

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's not clear that they are worse. But everyone seems to want to swap them out anyway. It's probably the old look down your nose at everything OEM going on. Besides, everything aftermarket is always better. And the more it costs, the better it is. ;)

I think it's more perception than anything else. There are a few times where I've heard some one compliment an owner on thier wheels with the assumption that they are aftermarket. When they find out they are stock, they suddenly become less impressed.

greenraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most people change out their factory wheels because of “stances”. I’ll take an OEM or aftermarket, forged aluminum wheel with bead-lock capability that’s hub centric in design over a cast aluminum no bead-lock capability and never ideal by comparison lug centric design.

Forged vs cast and hub centric vs lug centric are the most important differentiators here with bead-lock capability being the icing on the wheel cake.

Jace21583

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't opt for them on my pheasant 2018 801, but weren't they actually beadlock capable and then you just had to buy the actual rings and have the tire pulled outside of the lip? I could be wrong though

Jace21583

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like it. Fake beadlocks, too. So, wheels ~2k, recaros/CF ~2k, stickers ~2k, shocks ~$1k, that's $7k before they hit you with the "because we can" markup, which I predict will be $2,999, for a grand total of $9,999. Then I'd want the bundled package to get the Torsen, probably $2k for that. So base plus about $12k. Now the next question is whether you also have to get 801a, which I don't want. If 801a costs say $5k and you have it to get it to get 37s, we're looking at base plus $17k. So it might cost me $15k to get 37s. 800a plus Torsen, new rear bumper, shocks, tires, and some Forscan magic suddenly looks a lot more attractive. It would be about $12k cheaper with a better bumper and less fluff. And no ***** set interior. Heck, that's worth thousands right there.
This!!! :)

MarkM98

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s just going to be interesting to see what the dealers order vs what the customers order. I still wish Ford would get a move on releasing pricing, hp/tq numbers and the build your own. Instead they are messing around with a new King Ranch Ranger announcement.

gtirella

Reaction score
I looked at a gen 2 with the blue (alcantra?) seats.
it had 10k miles and the driver seat was rubbed
almost down to nothing and beyond repair. and
the blue looked terrible in a red truck....just my 2 cents......