GEN 2 Malfunction Indicator Lamp - Regulatory

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gotti006

Reaction score
I’ve had the same alert 3 times in 3 months. I okie up the next morning to take the truck in and the lights off and everything’s back to normal. After bringing it in anyway, the dealer didn’t know what or why it came on. I saved the screen shot and showed him and they’re still stumped.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey FordTechOne, just ran Forscan and results I am getting are:
P04DB and U0146
I installed the Whipple CAI but have not used the Tomahawk Tuner provided by Whipple because my understanding I cannot flash back to stock tune. I am waiting for MPT nGauge to come in.
Also put on new wheels/tires.

Can I drive my truck while I wait for MPT tuner to come in? Screen shot of the Forscan below. Appreciate your help in advance.View attachment 155281View attachment 155282

The ABS DTC can be ignored; that is unrelated network code that can set when there is high network traffic.

Since emissions requirements now dictate that the crankcase ventilation system be monitored for leaks, new strategies were implemented in 2015/2016 to determine if the system has been disconnected or modified. A Crankcase Pressure Sensor (CKCP) is used to monitor the operation of the PCV system. Dirty side disconnects are detected during engine cranking by looking for the absence of a crankcase pressure dip or pulsation. Clean side disconnects are detected during normal driving by detecting the absence of a pressure drop under higher airflow conditions. DTC P04DB sets when the PCM determines that the variance between the values provided by the CKCP and the expected results exceed the allowable threshold. The most likely reason that intake system modifications are causing this DTC is unexpected airflow disruptions or turbulence in the airflow. The factory calibration is created using only the factory components, so any changes that an aftermarket intake make to operation or airflow need to be accounted for by the intake manufacturer.

As far as a tune, the easiest thing the tuner could do would be to turn off the PCV monitor and related DTCs. There may be legal implications with doing so though.

OP
OP
tical

tical

Reaction score
The ABS DTC can be ignored; that is unrelated network code that can set when there is high network traffic.

Since emissions requirements now dictate that the crankcase ventilation system be monitored for leaks, new strategies were implemented in 2015/2016 to determine if the system has been disconnected or modified. A Crankcase Pressure Sensor (CKCP) is used to monitor the operation of the PCV system. Dirty side disconnects are detected during engine cranking by looking for the absence of a crankcase pressure dip or pulsation. Clean side disconnects are detected during normal driving by detecting the absence of a pressure drop under higher airflow conditions. DTC P04DB sets when the PCM determines that the variance between the values provided by the CKCP and the expected results exceed the allowable threshold. The most likely reason that intake system modifications are causing this DTC is unexpected airflow disruptions or turbulence in the airflow. The factory calibration is created using only the factory components, so any changes that an aftermarket intake make to operation or airflow need to be accounted for by the intake manufacturer.

As far as a tune, the easiest thing the tuner could do would be to turn off the PCV monitor and related DTCs. There may be legal implications with doing so though.

FordTechOne, thank you for the detail explanation. What would you suggest I do? Run the tomahawk tune Whipple provided? But it would mean I can’t flash back to stock tune if I decide to reinstall stock CAI.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FordTechOne, thank you for the detail explanation. What would you suggest I do? Run the tomahawk tune Whipple provided? But it would mean I can’t flash back to stock tune if I decide to reinstall stock CAI.

I would contact Whipple; I have never heard of a tuner that did not allow the calibration to be returned to factory.

Frank R

Reaction score
having same message sent to me on ford pass on my phone, CEL comes on while cruising around 70 coming home from work, I just installed the AMS turbo inlet tubes before this started, I get code P04F0 which translates to "EVAP system high pressure purge line performance" have no idea what "hose" that is when swapping out tubes but everything looks to be on, have an MPT tune and they have never heard of this code popping up, was told to go back to stock tune for a few days then put back my 93 w/ trans tune back in. put the new hose on also that is now included for 19 and 20 raptors. going to re-check my re-check on the hoses in morning, any one know what hose is the one in question or can it be a combo of all of them??

Reaction score
having same message sent to me on ford pass on my phone, CEL comes on while cruising around 70 coming home from work, I just installed the AMS turbo inlet tubes before this started, I get code P04F0 which translates to "EVAP system high pressure purge line performance" have no idea what "hose" that is when swapping out tubes but everything looks to be on, have an MPT tune and they have never heard of this code popping up, was told to go back to stock tune for a few days then put back my 93 w/ trans tune back in. put the new hose on also that is now included for 19 and 20 raptors. going to re-check my re-check on the hoses in morning, any one know what hose is the one in question or can it be a combo of all of them??

Having a issue with this code as well on a customer's truck. Recently installed AMS's Turbo Inlet Tubes and an Injen Intake System. I feel in our case it's related to the AMS Tubes. We have the "revised" kit for the 2019+ trucks that comes with the longer vacuum hose so we're good there. We've contacted AMS for some tech help but haven't got anywhere. Did you end up getting your issue sorted out?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free