Make upfitter switch act as a "simple" switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

menerso

2019 Raptor SCREW
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a way to make one of the upfitter switches to act as a simple on and off switch (no power)? I may be stupid here but here is my situation...

I have a set of RBP Stealth Steps and their wiring harness comes with a two-wire switch that allows me to stop the steps from extending when doors open while that switch is set to OFF. When you flip the switch to the ON position, then the steps will extend when doors are open.

The switch has two wires. When the switch is ON, my continuity tester says it is open (no beeping). When the switch is OFF, the continuity tester beeps (saying the switch is closed).

Can I hook up an upfitter switch to replace the one that comes with the wiring harness of the steps? My worry is that the upfitter's push power when ON. I don't want that. I just want to run one wire from the harness to one side of the switch and the other wire from the harness to the other side of the switch.

GMBRacing

Reaction score
you can use the relays on upfitter box as a switch see diagram below on the relay box remove F10 and use the bn/gn wire as one side and ye/rd as the other upfitterrelay1_3.jpg

OP
OP
menerso

menerso

2019 Raptor SCREW
Reaction score
So, looking at the diagram above, my switch for the steps have 2 wires. I assume I would hook one of the wires to A, B, or C, but where would the second wire go.... to the ground?

GMBRacing

Reaction score
you connect one wire to the brown /green wire (cb117) and the other wire tap on to yellow /red wire (sb110) AND remove fuse F10 .

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i didnt even know about the fused feeds being accessible...you know for sure that they are looped out of the junction box like the diagram?