Make sure you do the Fuse 27 fix!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dr G

Reaction score
Yes you are correct. The black wire from the kit goes to the BU/Rd wire you cut.
Shows how to make the connection.
Thank you. I watched a video done by a tech which did the same thing. Don't know where the PDB 8-3 reference comes from in my instructions. Maybe an errant page or something.

Dr G

Reaction score
Finished the job this morning, no issues. The wiring part is easy. Taking the PDB apart is a little finicky, you just have to take your time. The aluminum bracket people refer to, I did remove that and it does help. Not that it matters, but I sort of think that bracket is magnesium. It just feels too light to be aluminum, and the oxidation pattern is different from aluminum as well.

RaptorActual

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the first I am hearing of this issue. Was wondering my truck has been every now and then having a rough idle mainly after stopping at a red light or going from drive to reverse almost as if it is losing fuel pressure could this cause that? Sorry would go pop the hood on the beast but out of town for work.

ghost rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did this upgrade yesterday, my fuse and slot showed no signs of melting so I was lucky. Apparently I did the job correctly as my truck started after the installation. LOL

With that said I am glad that I did this upgrade (and it is an upgrade) because after reading this thread there was always something in the back of my mind gnawing at me wondering when the fuse/socket was going to melt down and strand me. Thanks all for sharing this info.

TK421

Reaction score
I need to do this to my 13’ ASAP. Never really looked into this as I’m not super active on the forum. Just popped the fuse box open and previous owner or someone had stuck a random sized 20a fuse in the #27 slot that’s sticking out taller and awkward compared to the rest.

I bought the kit on amazon. They had it with prime, next day delivery for $25 total which isn’t too bad.

87EEA67E-7C5E-4955-B536-BBE425347FA2.jpeg

Last edited:

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to do this to my 13’ ASAP. Never really looked into this as I’m not super active on the forum. Just popped the fuse box open and previous owner or someone had stuck a random sized 20a fuse in the #27 slot that’s sticking out taller and awkward compared to the rest.

View attachment 123349
Wow

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

nipplesNchowder

Reaction score
I wonder if putting a little dab of penetrox in the fuse would stop the fuse from heating up enough to melt.

602Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't had this issue yet, but my truck has had almost every other common problem. Ordered this today from Amazon. I love this forum for the fixes!

TurboTim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How can I tell if this was done by the previous owner on my truck? It's a 2010 6.2 with 86k miles. Sorry if this has been mentioned somewhere. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Jonny V

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How can I tell if this was done by the previous owner on my truck? It's a 2010 6.2 with 86k miles. Sorry if this has been mentioned somewhere. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Here's how....

DjzjLOR.jpg

Slot 27 is now blank, and slot 70 is filled with a big 20 amp fuse. Additionally, there is a sticker in there saying that the fuel pump relay is now in slot 70.