Major engine issue after owning my raptor for a little over a month

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MIScrEanT

Reaction score
This happened within 70 miles of having my cam phasers replaced. They are replacing the engine. No engine lights. It just went. Also had an actuator problem that they had fixed with whatever new tsb came out for it. It was running great until it wasn't. They said they had never seen that before. I go to Lincoln for service. The dealership where I got the truck is a complete sh!tshow.

jhdr13

Reaction score
But with the new engine, Ford gave me an extended ford premium care bumper to bumper for 3 yes 36k miles

drtibrd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can see your frustration. Same thing happened to me when I was Land Rover lover with my Disco II. The 283 motor they had in the truck has an oil pump known for blowing out and I learned the hard way that it was a real problem. I ended up getting a new short block after a lengthy back and forth with the extended warranty company. Turns out they tried changing my in service date on the truck after I signed a contract. What a pain in the arse that was. I’m not sure that checking oil levels is on the owner with all of this technology today. Heck, my snowblower shuts down when there is no oil pressure.

I’m pulling for ya buddy.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Had this happen last week. 57k miles on a 2017.
That appears to be a crank gear with missing teeth. How did you get the chance to handle it/get a picture?

There is only one thing that will cause that failure, and its inadequate torque on the crankshaft bolt. Meaning the proper procedure was not followed or the torque wrench used was out of calibration. Unfortunately it’s not unheard of, but it comes back to workmanship every time.

WKUSMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. I recently bought my dream truck 2019 Ford F-150 Raptor with 45k miles on it. Ford told me no recalls no problems. Still under warranty and Ive also added extended warranty until 105k miles.

Fast forward to August 26th and getting low oil pressure warning and blinking check engine light… my truck completely died on me…

Towed the truck to the dealership, they took the engine apart and send me few pictures… Cam phaser issue with bend cylinder head… dealership wants to replace timing chain, cam phasers and cylinder head on just one side… they also submitted for complete engine replacement.

I know that some of you have been in this situation.
How long did you guys wait for ford to give the answer on which repair they would do? How long did it take to get the engine?

Its a bummer… I was so happy to finally have my dream truck and it just turn into a nightmare.
Kind of good news? If they replace the whole engine with a long block. You have a service contract and glad youre covered

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I over pay for my cars to have the engine oil done at the dealer at the short intervals (5000 on turbo motors) because of this. Had a BMW have issues and dealt changes every 5k miles they had zero excuses. The money I saved on that pays for 100 over priced oil changes on every car