Major engine issue after owning my raptor for a little over a month

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thats after it all happened.
Oil was at normal level when I bought the truck. I drove around 1500 miles since buying the truck
So it ran low on oil. The previous owner must have been just adding oil on a regular basis instead of having it fixed.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I suggest full synthetic changes every 5,000 miles.... Less if you're doing any significant hard off-roading.

I ignore the computer.

And check your oil level frequently...

GoDucks

Reaction score
Sorry this happened to your truck. Get it all fixed and covered under warranty, be good to go. I have almost 60k miles on my truck and it has been solid. I got the MPT tune and going to get a CVF intercooler and be done with performance mods. I love these Raptors!

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a friend that had a 2018 Chevy Silverado lock up. The dealer that it was towed to changed the oil less than 2 thousand miles prior. They denied his warranty claim because of low oil level.
Be careful pushing to hard, it might be better to just let them fix it and keep a close eye on oil level. The can deny for low level as that is owner’s responsibility.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
So, there were probably other extenuating circumstances… the bad valve covers are a known issue that contributes to oil issues. That’s why Ford had the TSB
See, you were ok here, this is a statement of fact.
This is exactly why I chose not to live the ecoboost life. Thank goodness we have the dependable 6.2, and now the 5.2. These are way better options if you don’t like living the ford service center life.
Here’s where you slide into oblivion as you’ve proven over and over that you don’t actually own a 4 wheeled internal combustion or electric powered, street legal vehicle. In actual fact, take a look at the number of Jen Juan engine failures of late. Not too impressive really. And this guy; his post is really not the place for you to pop in and screw with someone you don’t even know.

Esto es no bueno. Muy malo.

Deep breath. let the stealership fix it and live life. @FordTechOne has forgotten more about keeping Raptors running than the collective rest of FRF knows. heed his counsel and go forth.

Sonicsunspot

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Deep breath. let the stealership fix it and live life. @FordTechOne has forgotten more about keeping Raptors running than the collective rest of FRF knows. heed his counsel and go forth.
Absolutely agree with this. Let them fix it - if they don’t or can’t find a dealership that can.

Jgar14w

Reaction score
exact same thing happened to my 2019 raptor. Bought it with 5k miles and I got engine misfires at 8k - 2 cylinders were misfiring and the cylinder head was bent apparently it wasn’t closing as it should. Took 2 months to get the truck back. They did not give me a new engine, they only fixed what was needed. I’ve had it for 2 months now and it’s been running great. I negotiated with Ford for payment reimbursement and they helped me out with almost 2 months worth of payments. Look into that. Best of luck!

MIScrEanT

Reaction score
Had this happen last week. 57k miles on a 2017.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220907-191752_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20220907-191752_Video Player.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 38