Maintenance advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RS4

Reaction score
Have a 14 roush raptor with 55k miles
Had it since new! Truck is a beast with zero and i mean zero problems
Only maintenance i have done is oil changes every 5k miles and I did have to replace the factory radiator!

Truck is 7 years old now and has been my daily driver but now only doing 5 miles a day

I was wondering what maintenance i should start doing? Shocks i know should be rebuilt at 75k? Supercharger oil good for 100k?

Any suggestions?

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Battery tender if you’re not driving much.

Air filter. Maybe trans/diff fluids but might be early for that.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
belts, hoses and bushings. I’d just be keeping an eye on them now but worth doing for a keeper like this. Watch the tires too, for excessive wear, weird wear patterns.

I’d seriously give consideration to a disposable car for commute duty and give the Raptor drive time it was meant for and wants to do. This will keep the miles down going forward and give you a grace period for any maintenance items.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Drive it. Nothing harder on a vehicle than not being driven! The short commute isn't especially good for it either, I can't imagine your getting up to operating temps in that time, need some heat in the crank case to burn off condensation, stretch its legs periodically!

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the correct place I’m supposed to post this but, here is a video of the underside of my truck with 130,000. I plan on changing the trans fluid, transfer case fluid, and both diffs. I looked under it today and it seems like there is some sort of leak but I don’t have too much knowledge on this stuff. Any input on what I should inspect and/or replace?
No, this isn't the place for it, I know you don't post a lot, so won't hold it against you, lol. Just start your own thread under maintenance in the gen 1 section. For video's to be seen, you need to upload to youtube or a different format as yours is not visible, to me anyway. Looking forward to your thread on your leak.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OP: I believe your s/c oil is already due, I think @MTF has mentioned before its somewhere around 35000k. I would also do the diffs and transfer case fluids. Tranny is up for debate, but its safe to take the pan off, let drain, change the filter and top up, but flushing at the dealer is 90% a no no.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The oil for the Whipple is good for 100K

I cannot see the video, I haven't found a good plug-in for a Windows PC to play .mov files.
Maybe upload it to YouTube and post the link.