Magnetic Raptor..Any images?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

raptorwarrior

Reaction score
I thought I'd keep the thread alive, Thib posted some pictures he got in the wild:

80122d1475179366-2017-ford-raptor-high-resolution-photos-v__1c7f.jpg

80123d1475179366-2017-ford-raptor-high-resolution-photos-v__a701.jpg

80124d1475179366-2017-ford-raptor-high-resolution-photos-v__c53b.jpg

80125d1475179366-2017-ford-raptor-high-resolution-photos-v__ca5c.jpg

StrikerHawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually placed my order to be Magnetic, then when all the pictures started showing up, it just didn't do IT for me, so I changed the order to Lightning Blue. To each their own of course and I hope we're all damn happy with our choices. Here's to ordering $65k trucks sight unseen <lol>.

OP
OP
R

raptorwarrior

Reaction score
I actually placed my order to be Magnetic, then when all the pictures started showing up, it just didn't do IT for me, so I changed the order to Lightning Blue. To each their own of course and I hope we're all damn happy with our choices. Here's to ordering $65k trucks sight unseen <lol>.

What didn't you like about it? I am seriously considering switching to Ruby Red.

StrikerHawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What didn't you like about it? I am seriously considering switching to Ruby Red.

There just wasn't enough contrast between the paint and the trim to make anything stand out on the vehicle. Now I'm at an obvious disadvantage having never seen one in person, so I could be totally wrong, but that's my take away from the pictures. The Ruby Red is amazing looking, both seeing it in person on other Ford vehicles and in the Raptor pictures, but Blue has always spoken to me more than any other color.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree. The Magnetic looks to monotone for me. I considered the Lightning Blue but I felt it was to light. I always liked Deep Impact Blue. Lightning Blue looks good in some lighting but looks to light in direct sunlight. I went with Ruby Red since I haven't seen a lighting condition that makes it look bad. I also like that it isn't a popular color so I won't see a lot of them. It seems like the two most popular colors are Avalanche and Lightning Blue.

muddawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yah, I'm stuck w/ my choice, excited never the less. Funny thing is I'm "that guy" that ordered magnetic as a result of a "family committee".......... lol. Wife wanted black son wanted lightning blue, I loved the white. So I already have a bunch of carbon planned for the magnetic we ordered. Dealer said way to late to change color.

Going to be covered w/ mud anyways. Can't wait !!!

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

OK. Forget any second thoughts. I just saw a post from Chris "2017 Ford Raptor: High Resolution Photos within the Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2] forums" and the video shows the truck in motion and magnetic looked great the way the light bounces off it at various angles. Its going to look awesome in person.

Means2212

Reaction score
Yah, I'm stuck w/ my choice, excited never the less. Funny thing is I'm "that guy" that ordered magnetic as a result of a "family committee".......... lol. Wife wanted black son wanted lightning blue, I loved the white. So I already have a bunch of carbon planned for the magnetic we ordered. Dealer said way to late to change color.

Going to be covered w/ mud anyways. Can't wait !!!

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

OK. Forget any second thoughts. I just saw a post from Chris "2017 Ford Raptor: High Resolution Photos within the Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2] forums" and the video shows the truck in motion and magnetic looked great the way the light bounces off it at various angles. Its going to look awesome in person.
I thought the exact same thing. I was torn between white, ag, and ruby. Some how I said Magnetic when pressured for the color and after the most recent pictures and videos I couldn't be happier...