Magnetic Gray with Xpel Stealth Wrap + Tints

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gregaf3

Reaction score
So how is everyone's wraps holding up so far? Looking into the possibility of doing this, but to be honest it is almost in the range of just repainting the whole truck if it gets too scratched.

BajaLaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got mine a few weeks ago it’s amazing and would do it again. I was skeptical at first but the ease of cleaning and knowing that I will never get a scratch again is worth every penny.

D8CC29BC-D4C9-4DB4-A740-A71366A7D325.jpeg

7203AE3E-2A18-40C7-8976-ED28DAC54A0F.jpeg

salts001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So how is everyone's wraps holding up so far? Looking into the possibility of doing this, but to be honest it is almost in the range of just repainting the whole truck if it gets too scratched.

It's holding up real well. I highly recommend it. There were a couple heavy stone impacts to the hood creating a mark in the wrap but did not break through. No damage to the panel either. Cleaning is super easy too.

OP
OP
P

PatAv8r

Reaction score

My wrap is holding up great, I love the way it looks and it really protects the paint. I do a lot of off-roading with the truck, so I had to do it. I scratched it up a little this last weekend and when I washed the scratches with hot water it actually self healed itself lol

I will say though, the Xpel Stealth wrap is a bit of a hassle, you can't take it to a car wash, you have to be careful with a pressure washer, AND you have to use a zero-PH soap when washing the truck. So yeah, it's a bit of a hassle but it doesn't bother me, I just keep it dirty and wash it every couple of months.

salts001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wrap is holding up great, I love the way it looks and it really protects the paint. I do a lot of off-roading with the truck, so I had to do it. I scratched it up a little this last weekend and when I washed the scratches with hot water it actually self healed itself lol

I will say though, the Xpel Stealth wrap is a bit of a hassle, you can't take it to a car wash, you have to be careful with a pressure washer, AND you have to use a zero-PH soap when washing the truck. So yeah, it's a bit of a hassle but it doesn't bother me, I just keep it dirty and wash it every couple of months.

I did not know about the zero-PH soap. Good to know.

thadzilla

Reaction score
@PatAv8r That looks awesome! Besides the main body panels, what else did you get wrapped? Did you get the fender flares, bumpers, door handles, hood vent and grill wrapped?

OP
OP
P

PatAv8r

Reaction score

I love the way it looks, but you need to pay attention to how to maintain it. You need to use a low PH soap and you can't let dirt sit too long on the Xpel Stealth wrap, it will cause stains. Which is fixable, but it's just a hassle. It's important that you have someone install it that knows what their doing.

OP
OP
P

PatAv8r

Reaction score
@PatAv8r That looks awesome! Besides the main body panels, what else did you get wrapped? Did you get the fender flares, bumpers, door handles, hood vent and grill wrapped?

I did NOT wrap any of the items you mentioned, however everything else was wrapped. The only think I regret not doing are the door handles, but all the other items you mentioned would actually look weird if wrapped with the Xpel Stealth.

thadzilla

Reaction score
That makes sense. In the pictures, it looks like the fender flares are an exact match of the body color/finish, so that's cool.

PBR ME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the way it looks, but you need to pay attention to how to maintain it. You need to use a low PH soap and you can't let dirt sit too long on the Xpel Stealth wrap, it will cause stains. Which is fixable, but it's just a hassle. It's important that you have someone install it that knows what their doing.

I have Stealth on my gen 1 and it’s a breeze to care for. No staining, wash just like every other car. In fact, you can just wipe it off dry of something gets on it. It’s super durable. It’s not at all like matte paint or even matte vinyl wrap...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk