Magnapack.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sniperm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I ordered one Magnapack.. when to a muffler shop and they told me they could not install it...

In order to install it.. I need to install this in the resernator section and cut the muffler out.. and put straights.. or no tips..

In order for me to install this in the muffler section the guy told me I need a Y pipe install.. but said this will be a waste of money..

So magnapack is a resernator ? or muffler? Do I need one more magna pack to do the job like other say?

Im confused... Any pics would help..

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, all you need is 1. From the factory the truck has a y-pipe. Then the resonator, then the muffler. You can either cut the resonator off and replace both the resonator and muffler with a single magnapack or you can leave the resonator, and cut the muffler off and replace it with a single magnapack.

Where do you want the exit location?

Here's a video of mine on youtube. You can see what I'm talking about when I drive over the camera

Ford Raptor 6.2L Magnaflow Magnapack Loud - YouTube

OP
OP
sniperm

sniperm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to use the stock pipes.. in the same location.. just changing it out for sound.. until I get the full headers and exhaust..

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

Oh the Y pipe that Im talking about is a single in dual out .. cuz my exhaust has 2 pipes..

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok I know what your guy is saying now. Basically the stock muffler is a single in/dual out muffler. To hook up the stock tail pipes to a magnapack, you have to use a y pipe because the magnapack is a single in/single out muffler. All you need to do is get a y pipe that is 3" in, and dual (whatever stock diameter pipes are) out.

OP
OP
sniperm

sniperm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah.. I told him that after he explained.. but then he told me why? its a waste of money.. and that this is a resornator.. not a muffler..

I was just going thru some old post.. and saw some pics.. if I take out the resornator and muffler and replace it with magnapack.. do I need a tune? for the check engine light?

I dont want to put a tune now...keep the resonator and replace the muffler with magnapck and use a Y pipe for stock tails?

Red

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You will not have any issues replacing the muffler and resinator. I put a different muffler on mine also. You do not need a tuner unless you want to increase performance. there should not be a check engine light issue.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
u do not need to tune after this.

i did a new peice of 3" from the flange striaght back (NO resonator) to the magnapack 3" in-3" out, then to a y-pipe 3" in/2-2.5" out. that goes to 2 custom bent pipes that go lightning style exit and i used the stock tips that i painted with flat black header paint