GEN 2 Magnaflow vs. Corsa Cat Back Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m stuck between the Magnaflow cat back coated in black or the Corsa Sport cat back. I haven’t heard much feedback on the Magnaflow. If it is quieter than the Corsa sport, I’ll pull the trigger on Magnaflow most likely. In Youtube videos, I like the deeper tone from it... but Youtube videos aren’t always accurate. Any feedback on these 2 exhausts, possibly comparing them? Any other suggestions for a deeper stock exhaust sound, but not a *WAHHHHH* sound when accelerator is my goal. I expect that I might have to weld in some Vibrant resonators too to possibly reduce the *WAHHHH* sound on accel like I did on my JL Rubicon with the turbo 2.0L. Also, turbo sound would be nice, which the Corsa sport has... but it is kind of too high pitched on the accel. I also like the Magnaflow having an all black axelback portion. Leaning towards Magnaflow, but not by much tbh.

I also have SPD catted downpipes & adapters with the intention of upgrading the stock turbo in the near future.

JPete

Reaction score
I went with Corsa muffler only... I too liked the magnaflow but got zero feedback... interested to see what you find out... having muffler put on tomorrow... how is the sound with the downpipes only? Video with the Corsa muffler and DPs was nice I seen somewhere...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
WHYUMAD

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with Corsa muffler only... I too liked the magnaflow but got zero feedback... interested to see what you find out... having muffler put on tomorrow... how is the sound with the downpipes only? Video with the Corsa muffler and DPs was nice I seen somewhere...

Subtle, some turbo noise. A little louder than stock. I want a deeper tone though & honestly, the corsa sounds great idling, but during acceleration, at least in the videos, it gets too Honda Civicy for my taste. I don’t mind having the Corsa idle if the accel was toned down & less tuba player-esq. The magnaflow gives you the all black axelback & subtler (possibly deeper?) idle with a less pronounced acceleration... at least from the videos I watched. Worse case, a welded in resonator would fix most of any issues I have with either exhaust & still allow turbo noise to get through.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is the Corsa extreme. With the resonator delete it is loud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have the Corsa Xtreme and love it. You are correct in that it isn't the quietest exhaust, but I am close to 50 and can't imagine the truck without it. While you do hear it when accelerating, it is actually pretty quiet in the cabin when just cruising. If you cruise above 70 MPH, there is some constant noise, but it isn't bad and nobody has ever negatively commented on it.

titanjc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Subtle, some turbo noise. A little louder than stock. I want a deeper tone though & honestly, the corsa sounds great idling, but during acceleration, at least in the videos, it gets too Honda Civicy for my taste. I don’t mind having the Corsa idle if the accel was toned down & less tuba player-esq. The magnaflow gives you the all black axelback & subtler (possibly deeper?) idle with a less pronounced acceleration... at least from the videos I watched. Worse case, a welded in resonator would fix most of any issues I have with either exhaust & still allow turbo noise to get through.
I had the Corsa Sport muffler on my truck and ended up removing it after about a month due to not liking the sound due to normal acceleration. Cold start was noticeably louder than stock which is fine, and Corsa doesn’t lie about their systems having zero drone on the highway, which was great. The full throttle sound was just right, but my Raptor is my daily driver, and a lot of the time I’m driving in bumper to bumper traffic. In those situations, you’re listening to the tuba sound over and over from about 2000-3000 RPM, and it was obnoxious in my opinion. If you’re daily driving your truck, I’d recommend sticking with stock and improving the intake noise instead. I’m very happy with how my truck sounds with the Roush intake and AMS turbo inlet tubes.

OP
OP
WHYUMAD

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the Corsa Sport muffler on my truck and ended up removing it after about a month due to not liking the sound due to normal acceleration. Cold start was noticeably louder than stock which is fine, and Corsa doesn’t lie about their systems having zero drone on the highway, which was great. The full throttle sound was just right, but my Raptor is my daily driver, and a lot of the time I’m driving in bumper to bumper traffic. In those situations, you’re listening to the tuba sound over and over from about 2000-3000 RPM, and it was obnoxious in my opinion. If you’re daily driving your truck, I’d recommend sticking with stock and improving the intake noise instead. I’m very happy with how my truck sounds with the Roush intake and AMS turbo inlet tubes.

Thanks for the honest feedback. Didn’t actually think it was an issue in stop & go traffic, buttt I wonder if welding in a little vibrant performance resonator would fix that issue. [emoji848]

I am considering sticking with stock, but I have a guy that offered me a fair deal for my stock exhaust if I ever got aftermarket, so it’s pushing me to go aftermarket.

Lou N

Reaction score
I’m stuck between the Magnaflow cat back coated in black or the Corsa Sport cat back. I haven’t heard much feedback on the Magnaflow. If it is quieter than the Corsa sport, I’ll pull the trigger on Magnaflow most likely. In Youtube videos, I like the deeper tone from it... but Youtube videos aren’t always accurate. Any feedback on these 2 exhausts, possibly comparing them? Any other suggestions for a deeper stock exhaust sound, but not a *WAHHHHH* sound when accelerator is my goal. I expect that I might have to weld in some Vibrant resonators too to possibly reduce the *WAHHHH* sound on accel like I did on my JL Rubicon with the turbo 2.0L. Also, turbo sound would be nice, which the Corsa sport has... but it is kind of too high pitched on the accel. I also like the Magnaflow having an all black axelback portion. Leaning towards Magnaflow, but not by much tbh.

I also have SPD catted downpipes & adapters with the intention of upgrading the stock turbo in the near future.